Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo XC90, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Selfless supporter of the economy
Clubs

Still think Elon buying Rivian for $44B would have been smarter 🤣

I would be selling my R1T if he had, I'll tell ya that.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Tesla M3P / '21 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Software Dev / Architect / Product Designer
My rando guess about the models and pricing:

$70-75K for a 2-motor, 275-300 mile range
$80-85K for a 2-motor, "LR" at like 350-390 miles
$100-105K for the 4-motor, "SLR", at 440-ish

If the quad motor is really 500 miles, the required efficiency and subsequent pack size would put it closer (if not over) to $120K with the huge wheels standard

And I think they'll start with the more expensive models.

Hahaha, I posted roughly the same as above to a place where the Tesla fanboys run free and I was accused of "Fear Mongering"

HAHAHAHAHAHA :CWL:

kayabusa

First Name
Leandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Printer
$110-120 k top of the line , 4 motors, bla bla bla bla..... $ 75 for the basic version.... Tesla has a particular audience, willing to go to war and die for the brand.... They will sell it to them.

Rivian needs to launch the R1TE (economic) version, with less bling and less tech too. For the daily drivers that need to get things dirty.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

After the dozens of people that like the design get their Cybertrucks/Cyberboats, how long until Tesla drops the price?

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I agree they will release a high end model first. $150k? Logic tells me that's way too high. But, if you look at the crazy crap that's happening with the C8 Z06 Corvette right now, maybe Elon will try to reap some of that profit early on with high end, limited availability trim.

1684289131946.png
That dealer should be shot with that price.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
178 is 100K less than what he's asking.
I agree, even though it did not sell, the one that did sell is 56k under what he is asking which is shockingly only 25% more than it sold for.

Either way crazy numbers and having a licensed dealer as opposed to a private party asking that is by far the best argument against dealer laws and for manufacturers to be allowed to sell directly to consumer.

Deleted member 11292

Top 5 In 2022:
Ford sold 653,957 F-series
Chevy sold 523,249 Silverado line
Ram sold 468,344 units
GMC sold 241,522 units
Toyota sold 237,323 Tacomas

So if Tesla sold ~250K units/yr I'd say that's pretty amazing, given what they are competing against. I realize many traditional truck buyers are not buying it. The same can be said about many of R1T owners too at this point.
So, on a post that is pointing out that Elon has ONCE AGAIN over-promised and undelivered, you hang your hat on yet another promise he's making?

Ford and Chevy and Ram and GMC and Toyota sell that many trucks because they all also sell models down in the neighborhood of $30k. Nobody is selling 250,000 $120,00 trucks in a year, so it's NOT what he's competing against.

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
I don't get all the Tesla hate on this board. I absolutely love my R1T. It's the best vehicle on the road in my opinion. But I also adored my 2018 Model 3 and never had a single issue with it in four years. Everything worked perfectly and exceeded my high expectations.

I love both brands and wish the best for Rivian and Tesla. There is plenty of room for them both to be successful -- and make each other better (ala Ford and Chevy).

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I don't get all the Tesla hate on this board. I absolutely love my R1T. It's the best vehicle on the road in my opinion. But I also adored my 2018 Model 3 and never had a single issue with it in four years. Everything worked perfectly and exceeded my high expectations.

I love both brands and wish the best for Rivian and Tesla. There is plenty of room for them both to be successful -- and make each other better (ala Ford and Chevy).
If you really want to know there are two major reasons people hate Tesla. The first one is that Elon has lied to manipulate stock prices, lied to customers and investors and overpromises and under delivers. The other reason is they don't like Elon for political reasons. I don't hate Tesla but I think the cyber truck is ugly and Elon is pretty transparently lying about it.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

It’s just as entertaining to read the Tesla hating posts on here as it is to read the EV hating posts on the TRX forum. Equal amounts of BS, fear mongering and generally baselessly accusations.

Cactusone

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma Acura RDX corvette
Bizzaro hate for Tesla is hilarious. Makes a lot of you seem petty and small. Electric cars are the future we mostly can agree but not every model is for you. I would just wish Tesla the best, you know you will megacharging at there stations. Lol. Teslas come with the best build in feature that no one yet can duplicate its called profit margin.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.