First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
My R1T is probably the best all round vehicle I've ever owned. However it is not my favorite. My favorite was my first, a 1969 Buick Riviera painted in lacquer black with a painted on lime green metallic pin stripe. My dad and uncle helped me restore it and I just felt cool as hell as a 16-17 year old getting nods from the older guys at car shows with all their cool stuff.

Remembering it as it was is great but I wouldn't want one now. The Rivian is better as a vehicle in every way, so I feel it would ruin the memory to try and recapture it by buying another one and finishing it the same way. Doing a full resto-mod on it and making it everything I wished it was when I had it. It still probably wouldn't be as good as my R1T or as functional or usable.

So how about all of you? What is your most favorite vehicle you've ever owned. Pictures of it would be cool too, although I don't have anything digital of my old Riviera. I should probably try and digitize the few I have though.
Sponsored

pitbull-ny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

My R1T is probably the best all round vehicle I've ever owned. However it is not my favorite. My favorite was my first, a 1969 Buick Riviera painted in lacquer black with a painted on lime green metallic pin stripe. My dad and uncle helped me restore it and I just felt cool as hell as a 16-17 year old getting nods from the older guys at car shows with all their cool stuff.

Remembering it as it was is great but I wouldn't want one now. The Rivian is better as a vehicle in every way, so I feel it would ruin the memory to try and recapture it by buying another one and finishing it the same way. Doing a full resto-mod on it and making it everything I wished it was when I had it. It still probably wouldn't be as good as my R1T or as functional or usable.

So how about all of you? What is your most favorite vehicle you've ever owned. Pictures of it would be cool too, although I don't have anything digital of my old Riviera. I should probably try and digitize the few I have though.
I love the R1S. Best all around.

My favorite was the Golf GTI. I had so much enjoyment driving it

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
There have been many but like your first love my favorite is probably a 1962 Rambler, 6 cylinder, 3 speed on the column I purchased for $100 a couple of months before getting my drivers license. It gave me freedom to go much further than my bicycle and opened the world to adventure.

Second was the Model S until it was unseated this year by the R1S.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

My standard phrase when people ask how I like my R1T is "It's the best vehicle I've ever owned, but since it cost twice as much as any vehicle I've ever owned, it darn well better be."

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Definitely my R1T now. Also loved my Tacoma that I traded in for it. Before that I would have to say either my 2007 Honda Element because it was so useful. Or my very first car because it meant so much to me to have it. I worked my behind off to save $500 and bought it from an elderly neighbor in 1991. Yes it was the size of a battleship, still used leaded gas, and I could barely afford to put gas in it, but it was mine! It was a 1970 Ford Galaxie 500 :CWL:

Mine was white like this one:

Rivian R1T R1S Favorite vehicle you've ever owned 2962c2

IGR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
I make things
Clubs

The beast all around value for the money I would say was my 2004 4Runner.
I hope Rivian can match reliability of Toyota.

Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
My first car was a brown, 4 cylinder 80's Ford Fairmont. Perhaps one of the worst cars ever conceived. It doesn't make my top list.

Rivian R1T R1S Favorite vehicle you've ever owned turd_on_wheels

The best (favorite) cars for me are my two Miatas. One purchased new in '96 (sold) and the other in '16 (still have it). These are the ones that I have the strongest emotional connection with. Part of this came from the work I put into them to make them unique. Another big part is the memories generated while owning and driving. My son now has a '97 Miata which helps strengthen the connection.

The R1T is close, but it's all in the head, not in the heart.
Rivian R1T R1S Favorite vehicle you've ever owned best1

Rivian R1T R1S Favorite vehicle you've ever owned best2

Last edited:

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I had the first Volvo C30 in ivory and copper, that was my favorite behind the R1T
1696351119254.png
I've never seen one in that color combo. My wife and I had a 2011 C30R (black) which was pretty awesome.

Ventura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Red Canyon 20" / Prius
Definitely my R1T now. Also loved my Tacoma that I traded in for it. Before that I would have to say either my 2007 Honda Element because it was so useful. Or my very first car because it meant so much to me to have it. I worked my behind off to save $500 and bought it from an elderly neighbor in 1991. Yes it was the size of a battleship, still used leaded gas, and I could barely afford to put gas in it, but it was mine! It was a 1970 Ford Galaxie 500 :CWL:

Mine was white like this one:

2962c2.jpeg
I had a '67 in High School. I'm not sure it was my favorite, but we had some times in it for sure. Great car, great boat, seats 8 pretty easy while doing 125. :CWL:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I had a '67 in High School. I'm not sure it was my favorite, but we had some times in it for sure. Great car, great boat, seats 8 pretty easy while doing 125. :CWL:
Oh the best boat ever! Often I was driving everyone to lunch because we could cram so many in there. Driving it in the 90s wasn't great, but it was special to me because it was my first car.
Sponsored