Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
Installed this morning. Took some work to try to line up top plate, but nice end result. Definitely the best solution yet. Thanks s00nish!

IMG_6311.jpeg
IMG_6314.jpeg
IMG_6312.jpeg
Yup the alignment is the worst part. But once in.... No issues!

Edit: thank you and damn I love ocean coast.
Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I installed mine yesterday. Seems aligned but when I press on the pad, I can feel the contours of the pucks. I was not really able to get the top to "snap in" to the bottom. It's not noticeable, so not sure I need to worry.

Rivian R1T R1S First Look at Premium Charging Plate soonish charge plate

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Yup the alignment is the worst part. But once in.... No issues!

Edit: thank you and damn I love ocean coast.

I just stained (clear) and it brings out the walnut color , pic is partially shaded which helps show contrast

Rivian R1T R1S First Look at Premium Charging Plate 7943CC5D-17A8-4CFF-9AF5-FCB83DAB18AB

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
I installed mine yesterday. Seems aligned but when I press on the pad, I can feel the contours of the pucks. I was not really able to get the top to "snap in" to the bottom. It's not noticeable, so not sure I need to worry.

soonish charge plate.jpg
If it doesn't charge right let us know. You should feel the pucks through the wood. But it shouldn't be different heights across the wood. If that makes sense?

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
I just stained (clear) and it brings out the walnut color , pic is partially shaded which helps show contrast

7943CC5D-17A8-4CFF-9AF5-FCB83DAB18AB.jpeg
Btw- to all. If you buy the raw walnut or bamboo... If you don't plan on staining it, I recommend at least clear coating it.

Black ash will be clear coated by me.

Further edit:

If you want it clear coated by me we can work something out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Btw- to all. If you buy the raw walnut or bamboo... If you don't plan on staining it, I recommend at least clear coating it.

Black ash will be clear coated by me.

Further edit:

If you want it clear coated by me we can work something out.
I’m glad you told me via pm, bc I wouldn’t have, not only does it make it look amazing but it’ll be protected.

I had one other question, the circles are cut out of the backing materiel for the cover plate, is the idea that the adhesive will stick to the mag charger?

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
I’m glad you told me via pm, bc I wouldn’t have, not only does it make it look amazing but it’ll be protected.

I had one other question, the circles are cut out of the backing materiel for the cover plate, is the idea that the adhesive will stick to the mag charger?
Only reason the holes exist is to make the distance from the phone to the chargers as minimal as possible. The veneer isn't strong enough to be the only part of the plate so the backing plate is needed.

You don't need the glue there with the chargers, but I do like the fact it helps keep everything extra aligned.

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Only reason the holes exist is to make the distance from the phone to the chargers as minimal as possible. The veneer isn't strong enough to be the only part of the plate so the backing plate is needed.

You don't need the glue there with the chargers, but I do like the fact it helps keep everything extra aligned.
Some of the packing paper stuck to the adhesive so, I wasn’t sure if it would matter and it didn’t, worked fine

suprteck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanic
How much current does your charging mat output? Is it faster with the oem connector compared to the usb connectors

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
How much current does your charging mat output? Is it faster with the oem connector compared to the usb connectors
Yup. USB ports in the truck will only output 7.5 watts with wireless to apple devices. (More if android). This charger can output the max 18 watts to apple devices when using approved apple magsafe pucks.

Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
I have two Apple MagSafe pucks that use USB-C - if I buy this, do I need USB-C to USB-A adapters?

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
My kit arrived over the weekend and I set it up yesterday. Super happy with the look & feel and it charges great. Thanks so much @Sojhinn and company!

OP
OP
Sojhinn

Sojhinn

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma
Occupation
Teacher
My kit arrived over the weekend and I set it up yesterday. Super happy with the look & feel and it charges great. Thanks so much @Sojhinn and company!
Kyle you are in Seattle? We need to meet up sometime. Save you on shipping costs!

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
Also in Seattle and probably should have noted that.

I do have a question, though: is there a way to get scrap bamboo or an analog of the bamboo you use to test stain colors? I have FE and I was thing at some point of trying to stain it to get as close as possible, but I don't want to play around on the real-deal.
Sponsored