Sponsored

Garage "Quick Access" - Feature Coming Soon? (Per User Manual)

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Does anyone have the "Quick Access" option showing on their garage screens? I just noticed this in the Manual today, but I do not have the option on my truck. Would love to have this feature enabled so that the garage screen pops up automagically when I get near the house!

OPEN OR CLOSE A GARAGE DOOR
1. Choose the Garages button in the status bar at the top of the center display.
2. Choose the name of the desired garage door to open or close it.
3. If Quick access prompts are enabled, open or close a garage door when the prompt appears on the center
display.

NOTE
Enable or disable Quick access prompts for one-tap access to your garages within range of their saved
locations.
Choose the More button to the right of the garage name to enable or disable Quick access
prompts
Sponsored

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Nope. Iā€™m on 23.06.02.

What does the feature do?

OP
OP
cohall

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Nope. Iā€™m on 23.06.02.

What does the feature do?
Theoretically, it will pop up your "garage open" button for your garage as you get close to your home (or wherever you have one programmed), so that you don't have to click on the little garage icon, then select your garage to open.

But I don't have it either...so I'm thinking it's coming soon. Strange that it's already added to the manual though.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Theoretically, it will pop up your "garage open" button for your garage as you get close to your home (or wherever you have one programmed), so that you don't have to click on the little garage icon, then select your garage to open.

But I don't have it either...so I'm thinking it's coming soon. Strange that it's already added to the manual though.
Hope someone can confirm they have it, otherwise itā€™s really odd that itā€™s in the manual but not in the trucks yet.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT

That would be excellent! Right now I use an Alexa command that hooks to MyQ but I'd much rather have something more automatic.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Since I only have a single garage door, I'd like an option to just be able to tap the garage door icon in the status bar to open/close and not have the popup at all. But having the popup open automatically will be a welcome improvement.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Guessing this would probably require re-adding doors unless they give us a way to assign locations to them after the fact. I don't see that available yet.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
A geo-enabled Alexa command would also be nice so that I don't have to touch the screen at all.

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Since I only have a single garage door, I'd like an option to just be able to tap the garage door icon in the status bar to open/close and not have the popup at all. But having the popup open automatically will be a welcome improvement.
My guess is "quick access" means just that - Touch on the icon and the garage door either opens or closes depending on its current position. I've integrated MyQ with Alexa via the SmartThings app but only use it to open the garage door from the street before turning into my alley.

Sponsored

blaprade

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150
Occupation
Software Development Manager
Clubs

I would love to see this feature added, much easier than the current mechanism.

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Interesting find! I had a saved PDF of an older version of the manual and it didn't mention it so it seems like it is something that is coming soon. My guess is that it was supposed to be included in the last update but got pulled at the last minute (or sometime after the changes to the manual were finalized). Hope to see it on the next update.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
A geo-enabled Alexa command would also be nice so that I don't have to touch the screen at all.
LiveKey syncs with myQ and Alexa to GeoControl your garage doors at home proximity.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
LiveKey syncs with myQ and Alexa to GeoControl your garage doors at home proximity.
There are a couple of different ways to cobble 3rd party stuff to make this happen but I would prefer it be native to the vehicle.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
There are a couple of different ways to cobble 3rd party stuff to make this happen but I would prefer it be native to the vehicle.
agreed. this was a PITA to setup, but once completed you just set it and forget it. It works reasonably well.
Sponsored