Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
Got this today.

As we shared last week, we’re taking every opportunity to get you into your new Rivian as quickly as possible. With that in mind, here’s what you can anticipate with our current purchase process. For many of you, this will be the first time purchasing from a direct-to-consumer automaker. We've blended digital, self-service options with dedicated Guide support so that you can move as fast as you want while having all the assistance you need.

1: Prepare for purchase

As you approach your estimated delivery window, you can prepare by:
  • Contacting the CEC on any last-minute questions about your configuration.
  • Getting preliminary quotes and information on financing and insurance.
  • Organizing any paperwork required for trading in your existing vehicle.
Once this is done, sit tight — your Guide will contact you when it’s time to confirm your order.
2: Confirm and sign
Once your Guide reaches out, there are two steps you’ll need to complete promptly.

From the point of Guide contact, you’ll have 72 hours to confirm your order via phone, SMS or email. Once confirmed, your order is locked, and a Preliminary Buyer’s Agreement will be generated and immediately emailed to you. From there, you’ll have 48 hours to sign and submit this document.

We understand that things come up and some of you may require more time. If you’re unable to complete these two steps within these timeframes, we'll un-match you from the proposed vehicle and reach out again in the future when we have another build slot for your vehicle.

After you’ve confirmed your order and signed the Preliminary Buyer’s Agreement, we’ll begin the process of entering your vehicle into our production queue. No additional action is needed until you’re invited into the digital purchasing process.

3: Complete the digital purchasing process

Once your vehicle is ready, you'll be invited into the digital purchasing process. You’ll have six days to complete this eight-step process and take delivery. Not all steps are required, so only review the options you need to complete your transaction.
1. Title & Registration: Determine who will be listed on the title including any co-registrants.
2. Trade-in: Get a trade-in estimate and coordinate your trade-in if applicable.
3. Financing: Apply for financing through Rivian Financial Services, bring your own vehicle financing or select cash payment.
4. Insurance: Choose if you’d like to insure your vehicle through Rivian Insurance or a third-party. In either case, make sure your Rivian VIN is added to your insurance policy.
5. Uploading Documents: Upload all required documents.
6. Sign Contracts: Electronically sign your vehicle contract.
7. Payment: Select your preferred payment method for your vehicle.
8. Delivery: Let us know how, where and when you’d like to take delivery of your Rivian.

Still have questions? Take a deeper dive into the digital purchasing process in our Support Center. Depending on your specific situation, purchases can be completed in as little as 20 minutes.

Your Guide will be there to assist you every step of the way — from order confirmation through delivery day and beyond. The CEC is also standing by to support those who haven’t been contacted by a Guide just yet.

We hope this helps simplify the days leading up to your delivery. If you have any other questions about buying a Rivian, don’t hesitate to reach out.

More soon!

Tony Caravano
Head of Customer Engagement
Sponsored

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

Okay I got the same thing. It doesn't mean anything until you get at least have a Rivian guide.

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

yeah I just got that too. I was bummed thinking it was my guide email but it looks like it went to everyone.
Same. Logged into my account to check. No guide.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I got this and about crapped my pants thinking my truck was getting delivered. Then I read it more carefully and realized it was just a regular email. Came here to confirm.

Sheegy

First Name
Sheegy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE Glacier White Black mountain
I got this too & was curious if it went out to everyone with a preorder, I took delivery of the R1T last month & have the Adventure R1S on order

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I got this as well. I wonder if this went to everyone or a specific group with configurations that are being produced right now. I guess the question to ask is whether some people with 2022 delivery estimates didn't get this email.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I got nothing. So chances are those who received it might be getting a guide contact soon.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I thought for about half a second it was happening I soon, despite Sep 21 order with OC. And then I said it was probably a generic email to everyone.

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

As someone that was expecting contact any day, this got my hopes way up 🙄

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
I got it as well... even with the truck sitting in my garage for the past month and a half.

rivianado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ACURA TL, TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
Occupation
SOFTWARE CONSULTANT
yeah I just got that too. I was bummed thinking it was my guide email but it looks like it went to everyone.
Same here. I was super excited to see the email in my Inbox until I opened and read it's contents.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Was a little surprised Rivian was planning on delivering my Max Pack reservation soon, but alas... Still waiting for that one.
Sponsored