Sponsored

GOAT Fabrication Rock Sliders (R1S and R1T Available!)

mitchelmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Kia Telluride
Is this on the R1S? i just installed the sliders on my R1T and they are not close to the jack points like this

Mike

Here are some pics of trying to line up the EV Sportline puck with the GOAT sliders. Not sure what the fix will be for mine but glad to know Adam is working on something. I bet a revision will help accommodate.

@Dark-Fx - appreciate your work on this
Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Is this on the R1S? i just installed the sliders on my R1T and they are not close to the jack points like this

Mike
Yes. R1S.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

GOAT Fab posted up their video of me slamming the sliders into rocks on their instagram.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
bummer so I have the R1S sliders and this is going to be a problem. I take my car to Rivian for wheel rotations and if their pucks won't fit they wont rotate the tires. I've already spent a lot of money and time here getting these sliders installed including opening up the hole on that 2nd slot to make it work.

What is the fix adam is saying he will do for owners with these R1S sliders where pucks dont fit. Is he shipping out new sliders? Removing the old ones and installing new ones will also cost more money.

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

bummer so I have the R1S sliders and this is going to be a problem. I take my car to Rivian for wheel rotations and if their pucks won't fit they wont rotate the tires. I've already spent a lot of money and time here getting these sliders installed including opening up the hole on that 2nd slot to make it work.

What is the fix adam is saying he will do for owners with these R1S sliders where pucks dont fit. Is he shipping out new sliders? Removing the old ones and installing new ones will also cost more money.
Yeah, I'm trying to be patient and will follow up in a couple weeks. I need this fixed on our 1st run of R1S sliders, too, for the same reasons. I guess we can return them but that's not ideal. Will wait for a solution.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus

Best you talk to GOAT directly? In the meantime, the jack points are not the only place to lift and support vehicle. They are there more for convenience and safety. You can jack from under the most structurally sound part of the installed slider and under the lower suspension arms. And, of course, take abundant precautions to avoid potential for injury. Place a non-marring medium between jack and point of contact; like a block of wood.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
\
Best you talk to GOAT directly? In the meantime, the jack points are not the only place to lift and support vehicle. They are there more for convenience and safety. You can jack from under the most structurally sound part of the installed slider and under the lower suspension arms. And, of course, take abundant precautions to avoid potential for injury. Place a non-marring medium between jack and point of contact; like a block of wood.
but Rivian wont jack up the car from the sliders. They will only use their pucks. I checked. If this was advertised as owners need jack up the car and rotate tires themselves I would have never bought it.

Last edited:

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
\

but Rivian wont jack up the car from the sliders. They will only use their pucks. I checked. If this was advertised and owners need jack up the car and rotate tires themselves I would have never bought it.
You don’t have to go to Rivian for rotation. None of the steps involved are proprietary.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Yeah, I'm trying to be patient and will follow up in a couple weeks. I need this fixed on our 1st run of R1S sliders, too, for the same reasons. I guess we can return them but that's not ideal. Will wait for a solution.
Will he pay for shipping out a new version and paying for their install? I feel bad for him since he probably wont make any money but then again what was shipped was not what I wanted to buy. I purchased sliders that wont affect the jack points and enable Rivian to continue doing tire rotations for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'm bringing the vehicle back in tomorrow and he's going to figure out what exactly needs to change. Will keep everyone updated.

bwilliam79

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla MYLR, Tesla MYSR, Tesla CT
Clubs

I'm not so sure this is true. I have these GOAT sliders on our R1S and just had it in to the Rivian service center where they did a balance, rotate, and alignment for me. No questions asked and they didn't say anything about the sliders.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
should have been advertised as such then. These sliders will only work if you dont go to Rivian for rotation and can do rotations yourself by jacking up the car yourself.
Not arguing with you. Just offering up potential short/near-term solutions.

More...
Remove the sliders so you can proceed with rotation @ Rivian or Discount Tire. If you end up having to return the sliders, you've done half the work.

Or...
Talk to local machine shops and see about modifying two of your aftermarket pucks. Instead of having them lathe away material all around, have them mill a flat to clear the sliders' bracket. You can even use a piece of paper or card stock to make a template, by tracing the flat of the bracket and jack point hole (in relation to the flat).

I'm not so sure this is true. I have these GOAT sliders on our R1S and just had it in to the Rivian service center where they did a balance, rotate, and alignment for me. No questions asked and they didn't say anything about the sliders.
Just like the long wheel/tire calibration thread. Different shop location. Different staff. Different observance of company policy. If one SC location already refused. They won't changed their mind based on hearsay of what other locations allow.
Sponsored

Last edited: