Good News

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hang in there. While the purchasing process is not the best, owning the vehicle is awesome. I’ve owned my R1T for almost two years now and have 25K miles on it. Early VIN (25xx). I’ve had a few minor issues but service has been good (both mobile and taking it in). Overall, charging has been good but not as great as Tesla (had a Tesla S before the R1T). I’ve made several long road trips in it and have never been stranded. Have I had a few issues, yes. But, none have been insurmountable. Here’s a write up I did about two years ago when I did a road trip from MI to CO. Remember, this was two years ago when the charging infrastructure was even less developed than now and we had no access to Tesla chargers. Now, i think the same trip would be much easier.

Short story, hang in there, you’ll likely love the vehicle and with a little bit of planning, likely have very few problems travelling.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/road-trip-underway-mi-to-co.7427/
Sponsored

runningdenver

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S QM
Occupation
Tech
I've had mine since mid December. Love it. My only regret, plopping down a bunch of money in the stock in December... I like to buy stock in things I believe in, and still totally believe in Rivian, but damn - I wish I'd waited a few months. The vehicle itself though - amazing.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I've had mine since mid December. Love it. My only regret, plopping down a bunch of money in the stock in December... I like to buy stock in things I believe in, and still totally believe in Rivian, but damn - I wish I'd waited a few months. The vehicle itself though - amazing.
I only wish I would have sold half of my initial IPO shares after 1 month.

Bob R1T

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model S
Occupation
architect
Clubs

Cheers Rivian owners and fans. New here. Been stalking since my deposit several weeks ago on a shop Quad R1S.

TBH, the customer service / guide experience has left much to be desired — I suppose this isn’t surprising. Typical AWOL experience even though I have a VIN and delivery date. The guide hasn’t communicated with me once and CS keeps directing me to wait for them, even though we are approx a week away from delivery.

Anyway, between the ambiguity on purchase process (most tasks are still gated), the new supercharger news (still very few on Rivian’s map within reach), and a number of posts on this forum complaining about road tripping & long charge times in the Riv — I’m hoping some of you will be kind enough to share your positive experiences (and pro tips).

Much of this is giving me cold feet on a significant purchase but I was hooked after my first test drive and I’m really hoping it’ll all go well.

Thanks in advance.
R1T with 19,000 miles and a few long road trips, along with many 250 mile one way trips. Charging was touchy initially but could have been some user error considering the various providers, along with 20-30% bad chargers, but getting better. Also have Tesla Y with 38,000, and charging on road trips rated at 99%. Neither has seen the shop, no issues other than rotation and washer fluid. Couldn't be happier !

jomak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Tesla MX LR 6 FSD & 24 Rivian R1S Quad Blue 22"
Cheers Rivian owners and fans. New here. Been stalking since my deposit several weeks ago on a shop Quad R1S.

TBH, the customer service / guide experience has left much to be desired — I suppose this isn’t surprising. Typical AWOL experience even though I have a VIN and delivery date. The guide hasn’t communicated with me once and CS keeps directing me to wait for them, even though we are approx a week away from delivery.

Anyway, between the ambiguity on purchase process (most tasks are still gated), the new supercharger news (still very few on Rivian’s map within reach), and a number of posts on this forum complaining about road tripping & long charge times in the Riv — I’m hoping some of you will be kind enough to share your positive experiences (and pro tips).

Much of this is giving me cold feet on a significant purchase but I was hooked after my first test drive and I’m really hoping it’ll all go well.

Thanks in advance.
I have been talking to my guide several times a week. Our delivery is 3/29. He has helped me so much during the purchasing phase, with documents, forms, you name it. You better call Rivian and get your guide. I call, email, and text my guide...he's like a therapist.

We are 4 days out!

Sponsored

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

Thanks in advance.
Our guide was ok....nice but to be honest, wasn't as well versed with the purchasing process as we would have liked. Since then, the service center has been beyond amazing. When we have had issues (only 1 major one and a couple of minor ones and the 12v battery was going bad), the service was worth of bragging about.

Our suggestion to the SC manager about the delivery process was that they should have some remedial training for the guides.

We have had our R1T for almost 11 months and we love driving it. We can't wait to get the R2.

Rural1T

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I took delivery of my R1T just a couple of days ago (3/24) after a 5+ year preorder wait. The 750 mile road trip from the service center in Portland, OR back home to rural Montana was one of the easiest road trips I've ever done. Any fears I had beforehand were completely unfounded.
Sponsored