OP

joesmith315

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 DM S+ R1S Midnight Black
I parked the car outside the garage yesterday evening to put on the screen protectors, and surprisingly I did not hear much of the AC compressor at all. Now I'm wondering if it's because of the humidity inside the garage that caused the noise.
Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I never experienced the loud noise until a few weeks ago where in the Sacramento area we were 90+. So for the last 8 months I though I had won the AC noise lottery.

So now I am not sure if mine is normal or acting up.
Temperature and humidity should be what regulate the compressor in “auto” mode. I found that if I turn on recirculate it overrode the very loud compressor and kept it at otherwise normal operating speed. You might try that as an experiment.

moondoggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, Mini
Mine makes a noise, but it isn't loud enough to notice.
Can confirm. There are Rivians out there with normal functioning A/Cs that don’t sound ridiculous (and quite frankly embarrassing). Why the discrepancy and how to convince Rivian to remedy? No idea.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Can confirm. There are Rivians out there with normal functioning A/Cs that don’t sound ridiculous (and quite frankly embarrassing). Why the discrepancy and how to convince Rivian to remedy? No idea.
You think that's embarrassing? Have you tried the horn? About the a/c-I agree with Papa that turning on recirculate reduces the noise; at least in mine.

Sponsored

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Several people had issues with a hose or bracket hitting the body with the compressor on and vibrating badly. Could be your issue. You might take the cover off at the cowl in the frunk and see
Sponsored