Sponsored

ICE competition: 2025 4Runner news, specs, timing, preview CGIs -- via insider info

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Skip the 4 cylinder 4runner. Let’s wait to see what the Land Cruiser will pack. GX 550 is another option for folks looking for an off-road SUV.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
People love those 4 Runners. I’m sure they will sell a bunch of them.

biker1284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang
With Land Cruiser now the size of the 4runner, I wonder if 4runner will slim down a notch? Nice little off road capable hybrid, making those who want something a bit bigger push up to land cruiser pricing.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Under 300 HP. Yesterday's tech at tomorrows prices. I think Toyota should change their slogan, I think my suggestion flows of the tongue nicely.

Sponsored

Ecupip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Audi, and 2 Jeeps
With Land Cruiser now the size of the 4runner, I wonder if 4runner will slim down a notch? Nice little off road capable hybrid, making those who want something a bit bigger push up to land cruiser pricing.
I’m confused why they would even bother making both.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Good point. I’m confused why they don’t make them electric. Would sell a boatload.
Because a whole lot of people don’t want electric vehicles. The market for EVs is tiny compared to conventional ICE vehicles.

biker1284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang
Good point. I’m confused why they don’t make them electric. Would sell a boatload.
Toyota's whole stance is smaller batteries in a larger # of cars is a much more green approach than full EV is. It does makes sense to me. This one has a 1.x kWh battery, so you can do that with 100 vehicles vs 1.

Sponsored

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Don’t think that’s really true anymore. And soon they won’t have a choice of EV or ICE.
Based on some fairly quick research about 50% of buyers in the US said they would consider an EV while only about 8% of buyers actually bought an EV. The market share for ICE still massively outweighs the market share for EVs and that isn’t likely going to change over the designed market lifespan of these new vehicle releases.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Based on some fairly quick research about 50% of buyers in the US said they would consider an EV while only about 8% of buyers actually bought an EV. The market share for ICE still massively outweighs the market share for EVs and that isn’t likely going to change over the designed market lifespan of these new vehicle releases.
I disagree. There will be massive demand for EVs in the next 5-10 years. And this 4Runner will probably be the same model for 10-15 years.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Toyota's whole stance is smaller batteries in a larger # of cars is a much more green approach than full EV is. It does makes sense to me. This one has a 1.x kWh battery, so you can do that with 100 vehicles vs 1.
I think that’s a flawed stance by Toyota.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I disagree. There will be massive demand for EVs in the next 5-10 years. And this 4Runner will probably be the same model for 10-15 years.
Even a massive demand increase still leaves a large percentage of the market as ICE buyers. EV demand and adoption isn’t going to increase to even 50% in the next 5-10 years.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Even a massive demand increase still leaves a large percentage of the market as ICE buyers. EV demand and adoption isn’t going to increase to even 50% in the next 5-10 years.
Quick research says EVs are predicted to be 65% of global new car sales by 2030. That’s even better than what I was hoping.
Sponsored