First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
SAVE THE MANUALS!! Doesnt mean its old it just means some drivers still love the stick.
5-speed automatic..... The 4Runner hasn't had a manual transmission available in more than 20 years now.

It's kinda pathetic that the 4Runner is still using a 5-speed automatic when everyone else moved to 8-, 9-, and 10-speed automatics years ago.
Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

5-speed automatic..... The 4Runner hasn't had a manual transmission available in more than 20 years now.

It's kinda pathetic that the 4Runner is still using a 5-speed automatic when everyone else moved to 8-, 9-, and 10-speed automatics years ago.
Ha that makes sense lol. They will most likely have to with the motor options and trying to get the epa numbers.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
Ha that makes sense lol. They will most likely have to with the motor options and trying to get the epa numbers.
I'm pretty sure this new gen will finally go with a new transmission. The old 5-speed will finally be put to rest.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Convince her to get an R2 instead?
Nah, we’re a 1 EV, 1 ICE household. It’l be that way for a while longer. That said, she does LOVE the R3X.

The Lexus GX seems so much better than the Land Cruiser and doesn’t appear to be in as high of demand. When I compared the two a while back, the Lexus was a no-brainer for what I was looking for. Admittedly, the LC might be better for some, but the small price difference makes it really hard to opt for the LC. Seems like a weird pricing strategy to me.
Demand may not be higher but the wait is defintely going to be there. Our local dealer said they have 3 years of deposits on the new GX.

SAVE THE MANUALS!! Doesnt mean its old it just means some drivers still love the stick.
There is hope. The new Taco is available with a Gen Z/Millennial theft prevention device.. 🤪

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

The thing with Toyota is that they last forever. We have a Rav4 Prime and we love it. Looking at the pictures of the 4Runner and to be honest, I don't like the design. It has the FJ Cruiser vibes.

Sponsored

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Convince her to get an R2 instead?
I think the reengineered R1T and R1S might be coming even sooner. If they can get the cost down or at least get them to fully qualify for the tax credit they be in the $60K range.

Gen(R3)Xer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
The thing with Toyota is that they last forever. We have a Rav4 Prime and we love it. Looking at the pictures of the 4Runner and to be honest, I don't like the design. It has the FJ Cruiser vibes.
I was thinking the same thing! My friend always called it the Lego SUV. He wanted one badly.

BCondrey

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
My first thought was that it looked more like a R1S than the old 4Runner. And, it is blue, which is a Rivian signature color. I'd be interested to see the engine / towing specs. Probably same configs as the Tacomas. Good looking unit. Not in the least interested.

JMACCA

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
Occupation
ANESTHESIOLOGIST
Clubs

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
The 4 Runner will be on the same chassis as the LC250. The LC will be priced higher with a standard hybrid engine and pay to play land cruiser looks. Expect the 4R to be offered down trim with base 4 cyl turbo from Tacoma, and offered in a Pro spec with the hybrid. I expect the Pro to cost just as much, if not more than the top LC model. The GX appears to be the winner here, also on nearly the same chassis but you get the full sized engine from the Tundra.

Sponsored

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
I know I have an R2 Reserved but that’s coming in 2026 and with the possibility my R2 could be built at a later state… I’m eyeing on getting the 4Runner TRD Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.