First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I saw that this morning. They way I configured its coming out around 86k. My wife's Bronco arrives next week. We are price protected at 58k, current sticker is 65k. 4 door badlands, sasquatch, v6, hardtop, lux package. Loaded with every option minus leather, we wanted the marine vinyl. At this point it doesn't make sense for us to pay nearly 30k over our Bronco for the Grenadier. So I'm out on the wagon but I'll more than likely be replacing my R1T with the Grenadier truck when it's released. That said its still an amazing vehicle and people who do purchase will be very happy.
Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I saw that this morning. They way I configured its coming out around 86k. My wife's Bronco arrives next week. We are price protected at 58k, current sticker is 65k. 4 door badlands, sasquatch, v6, hardtop, lux package. Loaded with every option minus leather, we wanted the marine vinyl. At this point it doesn't make sense for us to pay nearly 30k over our Bronco for the Grenadier. So I'm out on the wagon but I'll more than likely be replacing my R1T with the Grenadier truck when it's released. That said its still an amazing vehicle and people who do purchase will be very happy.
I like the Bronco but IMHO and for what I will use it for the Grenadier is worth 30k more.

The only hand up I have is the 15 mpg.

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I like the Bronco but IMHO and for what I will use it for the Grenadier is worth 30k more.

The only hand up I have is the 15 mpg.
I agree it's worth the premium. It's going to last longer, definitely better built. Just hard for me to justify at the moment, but I will own one at some point.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I just have to ask, what are you guys using something so rugged for? Are you doing this kind of serious off-roading? Not criticizing, just really curious. I wouldn't see any other need for something like that over my R1 and the speed is more important for me.

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I just have to ask, what are you guys using something so rugged for? Are you doing this kind of serious off-roading? Not criticizing, just really curious. I wouldn't see any other need for something like that over my R1 and the speed is more important for me.
I think in my opinion the Grenadier would take the repeated off road abuse and hold up better than the Rivian would. Also it's a more basic vehicle that will be easier to repair if something does break. Not to say the R1 is not a well built machine, I just wouldn't feel as confident way off the beaten trail with it. That said nothing has a better mix of on road and off road capability than the R1 platform at the moment.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
I think in my opinion the Grenadier would take the repeated off road abuse and hold up better than the Rivian would. Also it's a more basic vehicle that will be easier to repair if something does break. Not to say the R1 is not a well built machine, I just wouldn't feel as confident way off the beaten trail with it. That said nothing has a better mix of on road and off road capability than the R1 platform at the moment.
Oh I agree if you are going on a safari or something or driving through a desert I would take this all day over the Rivian. I was wondering if the people buying this are actually doing stuff like that.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

As long as you forget about most of the Land Rover lineup.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

It’s hard to say since no one is actually driving one. But it was a good move to outsource manufacturing. Loved my LRs but they were not reliable.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Oh I agree if you are going on a safari or something or driving through a desert I would take this all day over the Rivian. I was wondering if the people buying this are actually doing stuff like that.
Most of them will be the same crowd as Range Rover/Defender/G Wagen buyers.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I do love the idea of the Grenadier (and name).
I’m even tempted by it. It looks a bit too much like a Santana (Spanish version of the og defender built under license). I’m sure it’ll quickly grow on me.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
snow plowing.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
The Grenadier will be great for the trails on one of my WI properties that I wouldn't dream of taking the R1S on (too much to break). I also see using it for back country camping in NM and southern CO.

My only concern is this will put me into double digits of vehicles and therefore violate a marriage vow.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

And Rivian buyers. I have yet to see another dirty Rivian, they’ve all been spotlessly clean road trucks.
Agreed. I didn’t want to offend anybody 😂

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
And Rivian buyers. I have yet to see another dirty Rivian, they’ve all been spotlessly clean road trucks.
I'll be the first to admit I didn't even plan on using the off road capabilities of my truck when I bought it. I saw 835HP and 0-60 in 3 seconds and I was in.
Sponsored