Sponsored

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
I have an Ultra now. Lasts two full days. Have had series 2 and 6. Those did not last as long. A day or less.
I get 2-3 days of battery life out of my iPhone Ultra, depending on how much I use cellular. Not having a camera is probably the main reason to pack the phone, so I take the phone when I’m going on an adventure. However, for normal running around, I don’t need or take the phone. Not having to make sure I have my phone on me, whenever I walk out of the door, has been liberating! In the absence of a watch for a key, I guess the wristband might be nice, but not for $160. Yikes!
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I just picked up a couple wristband keys on eBay for $75 each.
We'll see if the ones I bought work. They're supposed to arrive this weekend.
I just bought one from the same seller... would rather take that out on the boat/jetski vs the fob which is "supposed to be" waterproof.
So @shrink.. any thoughts on how do we get these paired to our vehicles? Could it bae as easy as going in to the "manage keys" menu?

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

That is perfect, thanks very much!

If you get your wristbands before I get mine.. would you please let me know of the procedure works?
Of course. Mine are supposed to be delivered to my office tomorrow, but I'm only working 1/2 day tomorrow and mail usually arrives later. Not sure if I'll get a chance to attempt setup this weekend.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Of course. Mine are supposed to be delivered to my office tomorrow, but I'm only working 1/2 day tomorrow and mail usually arrives later. Not sure if I'll get a chance to attempt setup this weekend.
Thanks, no hurry as I just purchased my wristband today.. will be very happy to get it paired to my R1T as I try to bring as few electronic devices out on the salt water as I can.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
I get 2-3 days of battery life out of my iPhone Ultra, depending on how much I use cellular. Not having a camera is probably the main reason to pack the phone, so I take the phone when I’m going on an adventure. However, for normal running around, I don’t need or take the phone. Not having to make sure I have my phone on me, whenever I walk out of the door, has been liberating! In the absence of a watch for a key, I guess the wristband might be nice, but not for $160. Yikes!
I became a cheapskate and changed my carrier to Mint (from Verizon). Saving significant amount per month. Since Mint doesn't support cell-enabled watches, I am using my Ultra without it. I always have my phone on me or nearby anyway. Pretty pleased with the Ultra. Charges pretty fast too. All of my traditional watches have become paper weights.

CJ313

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia telluride, ram 1500
Clubs

I actually also purchased a wristband from probably the same seller and received it today. I am about to ask rivian support now, wish me luck.

CJ313

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia telluride, ram 1500
Clubs

Super simple for me. Hopefully you guys have the same luck!
How long did it take to show up in the vehicle key list? Rivian just added mine about a couple minutes ago but I don't see it.

Sponsored

Stevetom84

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
How long did it take to show up in the vehicle key list? Rivian just added mine about a couple minutes ago.
Within a couple minutes. Showed up in the app, but had to activate by putting in the alphanumeric number.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
I've only used the wristband twice and i have to say it's the worst key they make.

The actual function of the key is WAY worse then the key card IMO, i have to hold it to the door FOREVER and move it all around to get it to recognize. Secondly, it just doesn't fit my wrist right and isn't comfortable long term.

CJ313

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia telluride, ram 1500
Clubs

Within a couple minutes. Showed up in the app, but had to activate by putting in the alphanumeric number.
Nevermind, its there! Overall no issues from rivian with adding it.

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I've only used the wristband twice and i have to say it's the worst key they make.

The actual function of the key is WAY worse then the key card IMO, i have to hold it to the door FOREVER and move it all around to get it to recognize. Secondly, it just doesn't fit my wrist right and isn't comfortable long term.
Same here. You feel stupid standing there forever trying to get it to unlock. I surf every morning and reverted back to using the key card and putting it in my wetsuit. So my writsband sits in my keybox at home. lol

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

My expectations have been severely reduced after the spare tire and tonneau.

Should we start a betting pool?

I’ll go for available in early 2024 for $500.
Optimistic!!!
Sponsored