First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T
Occupation
Chicken farmer
We'll have measurements in June. We're about to start range testing and have a couple options we're planning to try to maximize results. I think the advantages of our original design will be clear once the dozens of Rivian owners who have ordered one start taking them camping.
Any deliveries yet?
Sponsored

Team_GFC

Site Sponsor
First Name
GoFastCampers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Manufacturer
Any deliveries yet?
We put a prototype on Ben Moon's truck this week (see photos above), and are working with him to finalize/optimize the design. Really encouraging progress so far. Production begins in August.

One of our USPs is that we guarantee shipping or install dates. So anyone who has placed their order already knows when they're getting their camper. Believe it or not, but that's not usual practice in the camper space.

Edit: Derp, this isn't the GFC thread. Photos here: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/go-fast-camper-for-r1t-announced.25831/page-6

And OP, to answer your original question: Total additional height with a GFC on the R1T will be less than eight inches. Working with Ben to fine tune the end height for maximum range. Weight will be within 5 lbs of 275 lbs, and dynamic roof load capacity will be 500 lbs when using our three of our Beef Rack cross bars. That dynamic load number is based on actual testing and is conservative. You can wheel with that kind of load up top.

Last edited:

LoseMorels

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T
Occupation
Chicken farmer
We put a prototype on Ben Moon's truck this week (see photos above), and are working with him to finalize/optimize the design. Really encouraging progress so far. Production begins in August.

One of our USPs is that we guarantee shipping or install dates. So anyone who has placed their order already knows when they're getting their camper. Believe it or not, but that's not usual practice in the camper space.
Oh I know, I waited over a year for an AluCab Khaya.

Anything you’re willing to share about a targeted run rate for this model?

Team_GFC

Site Sponsor
First Name
GoFastCampers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Manufacturer
Oh I know, I waited over a year for an AluCab Khaya.

Anything you’re willing to share about a targeted run rate for this model?
We're making it on a dedicated line, so can make (IIRC) 10/week. That's right now. If demand dictates we'll expand capacity.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Two words: She Wee.

The shark fin fits inside the camper body. Function is not impaired.
I wouldn’t be so confident. Anyone I have met who has a camper or RTT above their sharkfin on an R1 has also had problems with Rivian’s Driver+ ADAS system. My theory is it messes with the GPS signal. Much respect if you solved that but I can’t imagine recessed in will perform better, except aero.

Team_GFC

Site Sponsor
First Name
GoFastCampers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Manufacturer
I wouldn’t be so confident. Anyone I have met who has a camper or RTT above their sharkfin on an R1 has also had problems with Rivian’s Driver+ ADAS system. My theory is it messes with the GPS signal. Much respect if you solved that but I can’t imagine recessed in will perform better, except aero.
Well Ben will let us know. I drove with the camper and driver+ without issue the last few days.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

For those interested in my build. I did a bit of a renovation.

I retired the IcoGo Go20 and got Ecoflow Glacier
Removed the sink, water heater and pumps and now rely on a Rinsekit and a immersable heater
Tables and chairs now attach to my Milwaukee Packouts, counter is removable and I can also stack Packouts there. Very flexible and convertible
Added a OVS shower tent
Got the Chilliwich bed mat

Rivian R1T R1S JJ’s Overland R1T Build V2 w/ Pop Top Camper Shell (Oru Designs) IMG_5790

Rivian R1T R1S JJ’s Overland R1T Build V2 w/ Pop Top Camper Shell (Oru Designs) IMG_5788

Rivian R1T R1S JJ’s Overland R1T Build V2 w/ Pop Top Camper Shell (Oru Designs) IMG_5804

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Well Ben will let us know. I drove with the camper and driver+ without issue the last few days.
Just be clear I am talking about the version that steers the car on mapped highways not the standard cruise you can use anywhere. Regardless like I said thats great if you solved it.

And I admit 275lbs and the low profile are impressive and would love to be able to lock mine from the inside, that said I prefer the hardwalls of mine for winter camping but for a lot of folks your product should work great.

Team_GFC

Site Sponsor
First Name
GoFastCampers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Manufacturer
Just be clear I am talking about the version that steers the car on mapped highways not the standard cruise you can use anywhere. Regardless like I said thats great if you solved it.

And I admit 275lbs and the low profile are impressive and would love to be able to lock mine from the inside, that said I prefer the hardwalls of mine for winter camping but for a lot of folks your product should work great.
Oh totally, there's pluses and minuses to every feature or design. With our weight, strength, and extreme durability/reliability/simplicity we're trying to make something that doesn't alter driving dynamics, severely reduce range, or that becomes a pain to deal with. Goal is to make your truck a better, more practical vehicle in any/all driving, including just mundane commuting. Winter camping is definitely still on the cards, it just takes more prep and skill to be comfortable.

Antennas: we use materials in the floor and roof that are totally invisible to radio waves. Across 8,000 campers, I've seen no reported interference with any driving systems. On the Rivian obviously you lose the gear guard, but you also gain double the secure storage volume, and retain use of the tonneau cover, for double the security. That'll be handy if you're transporting like guns or camera gear.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

I’m digging the versatility of this new setup, JJ. It’s nice looking, too.

What are your thoughts on the Rinsekit and immersion heater? I was actually just browsing their product page today.

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I’m digging the versatility of this new setup, JJ. It’s nice looking, too.

What are your thoughts on the Rinsekit and immersion heater? I was actually just browsing their product page today.
Thanks, it was fun making those tables, refining my skills with every new project.

I had created a thread on the Rinsekit but to summarize if I was going to buy today I would get the Rinsekit Cube over the one I got but overall I am happy with it. This is the heater I bought, it’s more expensive then other options but has extra features/better quality. I used it this morning for a shower, heated water quickly, I was actively circulating the water every few minutes to make sure the temp measurement was accurate.

Rivian R1T R1S JJ’s Overland R1T Build V2 w/ Pop Top Camper Shell (Oru Designs) IMG_5817
Sponsored