Just pressed the "Order" button! :O

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Planetary Science
We just made the decision to purchase an R1T.

We ordered the LA Silver, Dual-Motor AWD with the Large battery and 21" road wheels and tires through the shop. Thought I was ordering a 2023, but the VIN indicates it's a 2024.

We're replacing our Toyota Tacoma and with this purchase we will be an all-electric household with a Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 as our other vehicle (2022; 33,500 miles).

Looking forward to the truck. A bit apprehensive as this will be by far our most expensive vehicle.
Sponsored

zfischer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter, 1250GSA, R1S
Former Taco guy here. I'm a few thousand miles in with my R1S (SUV more useful for us now), and I'm extremely happy. Awkwardly happy. Will also likely move toward all electric. I'm currently on a 4000+ mile road trip and I don't miss gas stations even a little bit.

BobinIndy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '54 Jaguar XK120
Occupation
Program Manager - Consumer Electronics/Mfg.
Clubs

From another guy that came from a Taco… you’re going to freaking love it. Congrats!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Congrats!

I loved my Tacoma and traded it in for my LA Silver R1T. 8000 miles later I couldn’t be happier!

Sponsored

DRJ564

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Congratulations, I remember seeing you on the Mach E forum.
It’s amazing how many came from the Mach E to Rivian.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 24 R1S (El Cap)
Occupation
Content Creation & Real Estate
Clubs

Congratulations! I never owned a Toyota but I have had two Teslas, 4 or 5 chevys, a Saab, Volvo, several VW TDI....I think that covers everything. Your going to love it!

OP
OP
SpaceEVDriver

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Planetary Science
Congratulations, I remember seeing you on the Mach E forum.
It’s amazing how many came from the Mach E to Rivian.
We're keeping the Mustang. We love it. Best car we've ever owned... so far?

We're a 1-car/1-truck household, with a lot of car-based road trip adventures and just as many truck-based road trip/off-road adventures. Every time I drive the Tacoma, I feel resentful at having to stop at a gas station. And I love the Tacoma.

foxerson

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'10 Outback, '11 328i, '23 R1T
Congratulations, I’m confident you will love the R1T.

The apprehension you describe sounds a lot like what I experienced last March. I was coming from a Silverado and was sufficiently concerned about the smaller bed and bigger price tag that I hung on to the Silverado just in case I decided that the Rivian wasn’t worth it. Pretty quickly it became clear that there was no way I was going to backtrack.

OP
OP
SpaceEVDriver

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Planetary Science
Congratulations, I’m confident you will love the R1T.

The apprehension you describe sounds a lot like what I experienced last March. I was coming from a Silverado and was sufficiently concerned about the smaller bed and bigger price tag that I hung on to the Silverado just in case I decided that the Rivian wasn’t worth it. Pretty quickly it became clear that there was no way I was going to backtrack.
Thanks for the comment!

The smaller bed coupled with no cap/shell is one of our biggest concerns. But I think the gear tunnel, the frunk, and possibly a tonneau cover will provide what we need for camping/adventure carrying capacity. I have hope that the gear tunnel can accommodate our inflatable standup paddle boards. If so, we may have them in there semi-permanently, which will be nice for last-minute adventures.

The small bed will mean more dragging the utility trailer to the hardware store than I would prefer, but it's only a short drive, so it won't be all that big a deal. The significantly higher towing capacity will mean I can take the tractor onto the freeway which I couldn't do with the Taco. I don't have a reason to do that more than once or twice a year, but it's still a nice option. Also hauling water will require fewer trips.

We have to sell the Taco to afford the R1T, but I think it's going to be worth it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SpaceEVDriver

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Planetary Science
I don't suppose there's any hope the truck will be here (northern AZ) by 8 March, is there? I have a trip to Houston and would love to take it instead of flying.

DRJ564

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
I don't suppose there's any hope the truck will be here (northern AZ) by 8 March, is there? I have a trip to Houston and would love to take it instead of flying.
I would assume this would be Service Center specific. Rivian opened the shop to me in December last year after waiting only 3 months since I had ordered. The SC in Austin stated 1-6 weeks for delivery and had exactly what I ordered so I pulled the trigger. 1 week later my R1S was in my driveway. The process wasn’t all that smooth but it worked.

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
We just made the decision to purchase an R1T.

We ordered the LA Silver, Dual-Motor AWD with the Large battery and 21" road wheels and tires through the shop. Thought I was ordering a 2023, but the VIN indicates it's a 2024.

We're replacing our Toyota Tacoma and with this purchase we will be an all-electric household with a Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 as our other vehicle (2022; 33,500 miles).

Looking forward to the truck. A bit apprehensive as this will be by far our most expensive vehicle.
It's an awesome vehicle. Truly. Good choice.
Sponsored