Kneel Mode stresses suspension?

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, R1S QM, MY DM, Zero SZF, Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
What happened when I went from off road high to kneel...Carolina lean ensues. You talk about stressing the suspension :facepalm:
It was stuck in that position all day. No amount of resets would corral the front suspension to move out of the highest position. Call service to no avail...Then the next day, the front mysterious responded again :like: Go figure

Rivian R1T R1S Kneel Mode stresses suspension? 20240127_152254

Rivian R1T R1S Kneel Mode stresses suspension? 20240127_150426
Sponsored

Last edited:

smunro622

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
New R1S owner and had a question on kneelibg mode. Not trying to hijack the thread

I have the slider to the right so it turns yellow auto is enabled in ride mode is there any other reason it will not lower when I put it into park?

I am 6'3" and wife is 5'7" needless to say you hear the comments...no I do not have running boards, and pretty run in all purpose mode...any thoughts on what I should check? May I am expecting some different like the pulsing green across the front while charging and it is only the charging port lights.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

New R1S owner and had a question on kneelibg mode. Not trying to hijack the thread

I have the slider to the right so it turns yellow auto is enabled in ride mode is there any other reason it will not lower when I put it into park?

I am 6'3" and wife is 5'7" needless to say you hear the comments...no I do not have running boards, and pretty run in all purpose mode...any thoughts on what I should check? May I am expecting some different like the pulsing green across the front while charging and it is only the charging port lights.
Rivian R1T R1S Kneel Mode stresses suspension? 1716497494496-bs

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

There are certain conditions that even if you have it enabled, it won't trigger. Some I've noticed:

* You only drive a short distance

* You're parked on a hill, ESPECIALLY where the terrain is uneven. My driveway is both "left-right" sloped and "forward/back" sloped, and the combination means when I park in the driveway, kneel will refuse to engage. But it always engages in my (flat and level) garage.

smunro622

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Thank you both yes it is enabled. and the driveway is on a slight slope and does tilt to the neighbors house ..in will find a place level to try again...

On the green pulsing front am I understanding this incorrectly it should pulse when it is charging?

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
On the green pulsing front am I understanding this incorrectly it should pulse when it is charging?
Only if you have that setting on and the vehicle is unlocked.

Chayse

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW X5 MC
Occupation
IT
Thank you both yes it is enabled. and the driveway is on a slight slope and does tilt to the neighbors house ..in will find a place level to try again...

My Driveway is sloped as well and will not kneel. It does do it everywhere else I stop. i usually switch to conserve or sport and hit the down button to get it to lowest. When I back out, I'll hit all purpose again.

Riptide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan
Clubs

I don't use kneel because I do believe it probably would take a toll on the suspension over time. Although I have no evidence to back that up. I also don't have other folks in my truck 99% of the time and the AP height isn't too much of a stretch for me.
It’s the compressors that get all the wear and tear. I never had any issues with my Grand Cherokee kneeling every time it was placed into park.

I have been informed it’s actually a good thing to exercise the air bags all the way up and down as they are rubber. VS keeping them in the same position most of the time and the rubber becoming stiff/inflexible and potentially drying out and cracking.

My two cents.

Riptide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan
Clubs

I've had it on "auto" with kneel because one of my passengers "encourages" it. Something to do with dresses. The warranty is there for a reason. Now, lets just pray the Rivian hold up better than Land Rovers.
Amen to holding up better than Rovers!

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I've been using kneel mode non-stop since June 2023 and almost 12,000 miles with no issues at all.

I am always playing around with the ride height daily from Sport Lowest to Standard High.

I am not worried about the suspension at all thanks to the 5 year Quad Motor bumper to bumper warranty.

I went a step further and picked up a Fidelity Extended warranty to make sure I don't have to worry about air suspension repairs down the road.

I just use the vehicle daily and not worry about anything one bit. Launch after Launch the Launch edition performs flawlessly. Any issues, Rivian and Fidelity will handle it.

What are your thoughts on a 10 yr or 11 yr / 100,000 miles - 150,000 miles bumper to bumper extended warranty by Fidelity Warranty Services

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

It’s the compressors that get all the wear and tear. I never had any issues with my Grand Cherokee kneeling every time it was placed into park.

I have been informed it’s actually a good thing to exercise the air bags all the way up and down as they are rubber. VS keeping them in the same position most of the time and the rubber becoming stiff/inflexible and potentially drying out and cracking.

My two cents.
That also makes sense!
Sponsored