Sponsored

Launch Edition deliveries

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
My impression is that R1T Launch Edition vehicles have mostly been delivered at this point, and that R1S Launch Edition deliveries are well underway to be mostly completed by the middle of 2023.

A noticeable exception is for deliveries to Canada, which only recently started receiving vehicles and only in one province that I know of. I have no clue how long it will take to get vehicles to all the Canadian LE pre-order holders, and I don't think Rivian does either.

I see completion of the Launch Edition as a big milestone for Rivian, so I'm curious to find out how this is progressing, and to find out what the remaining roadblocks are.

If you have a LAUNCH EDITION pre-order that has NOT been delivered yet, I would appreciate hearing from you with the following information:
  1. Do you have an R1T or R1S on order, and have you switched between them at any time?
  2. Is your delivery address in Canada?
  3. Is your delivery address in one of the eight states that prohibit Rivian from "directly or indirectly owning or operating a service center providing warranty service". For those of you who do not know, those states are Alabama, Louisiana, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and West Virginia.
  4. Other than the above, do you have any clue as to why you don't have your LE yet?
Note, I'm only interested in LAUNCH EDITION.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I don't remember who said it, but Rivian apparently still makes an R1T launch edition every so often. They even end up in the shop sometimes.

NoCoRH83

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T owner
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

My delivery was scrapped last month when the truck was damaged prior to the delivery appointment. The guide reported she was looking at some launch edition R1Ts as potential matching replacements so there must still be some available from the factory at this point, even within the US.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
LE R1S, FE, and I have a vin but no delivery date yet. Live in CA by a service center. Never switched T to S, and I’m sure it was the interior that held me up.

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
Plenty of us Launch Edition R1S reservation holders are still waiting. Details of my situation are in my signature.

Sponsored

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

LE R1S, FE, and I have a vin but no delivery date yet. Live in CA by a service center. Never switched T to S, and I’m sure it was the interior that held me up.
Did you ping your guide? 3 weeks after the vin, I texted my guide asking whether the car has arrived at the SC, then I got a generic reply saying yes it has arrived but it needs to go thru PDI, and the delivery team will reach out. 30 mins later, the delivery team called me and wanted to deliver it in two days. Every time I texted my guide in simple & polite manner, something happened soon after ;)

Tzadik_nistar

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Land Cruiser & 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Finance
In response to my request for status of PDI my guide messaged " it looks like we are waiting for parts to arrive. It's estimated time for completion is 2/20" does this mean I'll prob get it next week? how accurate are the time for completion estimates?

Surferdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Everyone here in Hawaii is still waiting for their Launch editions...

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
Yes, R1S
No switching
Pennsylvania
Ocean Coast interior

HforEnthalpy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Paper Machine Superintendent
I have an R1S launch edition preorder that has not delivered and is supposedly expected in July.
Preorder date is back in 2020.
Justification for delay was to align with an opening service center in my area.
Sponsored