First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian shipped without tire pressure readouts. The Lucid shipped without... safety features...?

I'm sure they'll be there quickly with the Lucid, but holy hell can I only imagine the shit storm people would be raising if the R1T shipped without these.

Also, apparently car play and nav isnt working on then Lucid. So that's great. Lol.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Rivian shipped without tire pressure readouts. The Lucid shipped without... safety features...?

I'm sure they'll be there quickly with the Lucid, but holy hell can I only imagine the shit storm people would be raising if the R1T shipped without these.

Also, apparently car play and nav isnt working on then Lucid. So that's great. Lol.
stop trolling. Rivian shipped without a lot of features. And you seem to point out ’safety features’ but from the reviews I’ve seen, rivian isn’t blowing anyone out of the water with their options, either. The ADAS seems to be bottom-of-the-barrel right now. AMD the nav is missing several “duh” features.

what’s worse than glitchy carplay? No CarPlay!

so let’s not pretend that lucid is struggling and rivian isn’t.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I am surprised Seageo posted this. Other companies who built an entirely new factory and are making a very efficient and technologically advanced car are having problems.

How this relates to the multiple, self inflicted issues Rivian has is beyond me. How does this relate to issues around communication or test drives/first views or service center build outs?

I like Seageo comments usually.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I think his point is that starting a car company is hard, and everyone goes through these growing pains. Lucid appears to have their $hit together much more than Rivian and they are sending customers $169,000 cars without major features. That can be said without defending Rivian’s mistakes.

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
For $169,000 you could purchase an R1T and R1S ! I like what Lucid is doing with range and efficiency, but for that much money, you would expect all the functions that every other luxury car has.
There are going to be growing pains for both manufacturers and early adopters should expect to go through the process. The good thing is over the air software updates ease some of the pain.

Sponsored

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
For $169,000 you could purchase an R1T and R1S ! I like what Lucid is doing with range and efficiency, but for that much money, you would expect all the functions that every other luxury car has.
There are going to be growing pains for both manufacturers and early adopters should expect to go through the process. The good thing is over the air software updates ease some of the pain.
Yeah but it's all relative. I'm not complaining about the Rivian as I'm looking forward to mine, but the same can be said about a 75K truck compared to other trucks that are 75K. Full 360 degree cameras with birds eye view, Functional Garage door opener, trailer blind spot system, etc. It's all relative. Hopefully Rivian can add some of these things with software updates but that remains to be seen.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I think his point is that starting a car company is hard, and everyone goes through these growing pains. Lucid appears to have their $hit together much more than Rivian and they are sending customers $169,000 cars without major features. That can be said without defending Rivian’s mistakes.
I completely agree that a) it is hard and b) Lucids mistakes are their own.
The OP was defending Rivians mistakes by pointing to a lucid which I don’t think helps the situation.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Anyone know how many cars Lucid is producing this year? I'm to lazy to check at the moment.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'd say that's better. Imagine how much complaining there would be if it didn't work properly. Only one complaint to have if it doesn't exist.

OP
OP
SeaGeo

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
stop trolling. Rivian shipped without a lot of features. And you seem to point out ’safety features’ but from the reviews I’ve seen, rivian isn’t blowing anyone out of the water with their options, either. The ADAS seems to be bottom-of-the-barrel right now. AMD the nav is missing several “duh” features.

so let’s not pretend that lucid is struggling and rivian isn’t.
I am surprised Seageo posted this. Other companies who built an entirely new factory and are making a very efficient and technologically advanced car are having problems.

How this relates to the multiple, self inflicted issues Rivian has is beyond me. How does this relate to issues around communication or test drives/first views or service center build outs?

I like Seageo comments usually.
Lol, I wasn't trolling. My point is that it's hard to do create these cars from scratch. As @COdogman pointed out. And each manufacturer is having to make decisions on what to ship. And that we all have been quite critical of Rivian for their rollout, but it seems like a more baked software package to me at this point. Just taking a moment to stop and look around at how the other new guy in town is doing too, and thinking "hey, they are doing pretty good."

The car play was trolling a little. Bht mostly as a point that it can also have trouble working.

Which, to be clear, isn't sitting on Lucid either. It's mostly a "calm down, this is an early adopter car on v1.0" software at the moment.

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Can I please have:

1) Rivian's design/suspension/4 motors/hp & torque/utility/price, and
2) Lucid's range and charge curve, and
3) Tesla's charging network, and
4) Audi's fit and finish, and
5) Delivery yesterday

OP
OP
SeaGeo

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Can I please have:

1) Rivian's design/suspension/4 motors/hp & torque/utility/price, and
2) Lucid's range and charge curve, and
3) Tesla's charging network, and
4) Audi's fit and finish, and
5) Delivery yesterday
Where thar Wendy's meme...

Dman250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Transit plus a few more, all ICE
AFAIK Tesla has sold millions of cars without CarPlay. In the future when proprietary infotainment is as well integrated in other cars as it seems to be in Tesla (not an owner, but have driven some) we may look back at CarPlay and Android Auto the way we now consider in-dash CD changers. And my 2020 Ford has CarPlay and I use it a lot, so not a CarPly hater.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I'd say that's better. Imagine how much complaining there would be if it didn't work properly. Only one complaint to have if it doesn't exist.
Yeah but at least it being glitchy is signs that it's going to be functional one day. Right now we have nothing but Spotify or bluetooth audio.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
AFAIK Tesla has sold millions of cars without CarPlay. In the future when proprietary infotainment is as well integrated in other cars as it seems to be in Tesla (not an owner, but have driven some) we may look back at CarPlay and Android Auto the way we now consider in-dash CD changers. And my 2020 Ford has CarPlay and I use it a lot, so not a CarPly hater.
As a developer, that's not scalable. CarPlay and Android Auto make it easy for companies to get their apps into your vehicles without much effort. Take Audible for example, you think they have the man power to devote an entire team to understanding Tesla's app creation system (if it existed), then turn around and also learn GM's proprietary development process? Just doesn't seem scalable.

AA/CP shouldn't replace or even be the center of a car infotainment system, it's should just be a means of users to get the apps that they have on their phone easily integrated into the infotainment system for ease of use.
Sponsored