OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Correction, 1000V. There might have been some confusion with volts and amps.

Will post some news tonight.

Thanks!

Good catch. 100% I had a brain fart and flipped the amps / volts numbers.

Rivian R1T R1S MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature 1712779261142-qw
Sponsored

akc5247

First Name
AKC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Subaru Ascent Touring, 2024 R1S dual motor
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I tried using the A2Z adapter today at a supercharger.

For the life of me, I could not get it to work. I think either I'm not able to lock the bottom lock or it is not fully latching on.

Tried for almost 30 minutes before leaving the site frustrated

@A2ZEV maybe can chime in and let me know if any way to identify a (perhaps) bad adapter?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Last edited:

A2ZEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Tesla MYP, 24' Tesla MSLR
Occupation
A2Z EV | EVSE
Hey,

we have replied to your email, as soon as we have your phone number, we’ll call you to troubleshoot.

Thanks.

akc5247

First Name
AKC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Hey,

we have replied to your email, as soon as we have your phone number, we’ll call you to troubleshoot.

Thanks.
Thanks! I don't see email yet, but will respond once I get it. thanks in advance!

JSports

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The first time I used the adapter it was tight. Is it possible that you don't have it on all the way? Also, make sure that the inside piece moves up and down when unlocked and does not move when locked. See attached.

Rivian R1T R1S MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature plu

Sponsored

akc5247

First Name
AKC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

The first time I used the adapter it was tight. Is it possible that you don't have it on all the way? Also, make sure that the inside piece moves up and down when unlocked and does not move when locked. See attached.

plug.png
Thank you!
I'm planning to try again this weekend. I'll update here.

Thanks to Ameen from @A2ZEV . He jumped on a call and sent me a video as well. Superb and fast!

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

@A2ZEV Is Midnight's discount code going to be restored to old value? Would appreciate it
I see the discount has been increased from 5% to 10% and you save even more if you bundle the Tesla AC to J-1772 charger.

Edit: Discount is now 15% off which is the same as when most folks ordered on March 18th.

I see the discount has been increased from 5% to 15% and you save even more if you bundle the Tesla AC to J-1772 charger.

Rivian R1T R1S MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature IMG_9966
Rivian R1T R1S MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature IMG_9965

Last edited:
OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I received my bundle AC + DC Tesla charging adapters.

I’ll make a review this weekend on the stellar AC plug that you can use with Tesla home chargers or destination chargers up to 80 amps.

I personally like A2Z AC adapter over others because of the higher amperage limit, smaller compact size, pricing and the built in lock.

I’ll share the rest of the review in a new thread for everyone.

just now I noticed the discount code “RIV” has been increased to 15%. This is the same price as when I ordered it when Rivian was finally able to use the Tesla network on March 18th.

A2Z EV Link - NACS (Tesla® Supercharger & NACS 3RD PARTY DC CHARGERS) to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V

A2Z EV Link - Tesla to J-1772 80 A / 20 kW adapter

Rivian R1T R1S MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature IMG_9827

Rivian R1T R1S MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature IMG_9830

Rivian R1T R1S MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature IMG_9963

Rivian R1T R1S MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature IMG_9965

Rivian R1T R1S MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature IMG_9966
Sponsored

Last edited: