First Name
Jheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Hello everyone. First time posting on Rivian Forums. I’m looking for feed back on my Pull Out Kitchen I made for my Rivian R1T.
All I for can be found on my YouTube video under EVLander

DIY Pull Out Kitchen for a Rivian R1T, Episode 8
Sponsored

SeattleSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Nissan LEAF
I'd love to see flexibility with the third compartment. Some will use that section for a water container, and it would be great to have a tray section in the place of that water utility when not overlanding. Couple this flexibility with the third (driver's side) section and an ability to pull that driver's side section out via the driver's side gear tunnel door = 👍

68wske

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
Occupation
RN
First off, wonderful presentation. I like that it was a journey through development to a mostly finished and well presented product. With Rivian having indefinitely postponed their kitchen, you’ve got something that fills a void.
I really like that this kitchen isn’t bundled with the most expensive kitchenware out there. Don’t get me wrong Snow Peak looks and feels the business, but burn your lip on that coffee mug once and you’ll never want to use their stuff again. I saw that you don’t exactly know where your price point would be, but your costs are ~$1k. I know that price totally depends on how many you’re able to sell and what your final build is. That being said, it would be my primary hold up. I didn’t ever have the camp kitchen optioned because $5k is too high for me to spend when I can cook at camp. For what you essentially are looking to produce at hopefully less than half of what the OE equivalent would be, I’m a buyer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EVLander

EVLander

First Name
Jheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I'd love to see flexibility with the third compartment. Some will use that section for a water container, and it would be great to have a tray section in the place of that water utility when not overlanding. Couple this flexibility with the third (driver's side) section and an ability to pull that driver's side section out via the driver's side gear tunnel door = 👍
Thanks for the feedback. At the moment, I decided to push for the 2nd rev of my module design. My goal is to gain more usable space, improve the looks and quality, and improve the materials used. In turn, this should allow me additional room to design the third space.

OP
OP
EVLander

EVLander

First Name
Jheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
First off, wonderful presentation. I like that it was a journey through development to a mostly finished and well presented product. With Rivian having indefinitely postponed their kitchen, you’ve got something that fills a void.
I really like that this kitchen isn’t bundled with the most expensive kitchenware out there. Don’t get me wrong Snow Peak looks and feels the business, but burn your lip on that coffee mug once and you’ll never want to use their stuff again. I saw that you don’t exactly know where your price point would be, but your costs are ~$1k. I know that price totally depends on how many you’re able to sell and what your final build is. That being said, it would be my primary hold up. I didn’t ever have the camp kitchen optioned because $5k is too high for me to spend when I can cook at camp. For what you essentially are looking to produce at hopefully less than half of what the OE equivalent would be, I’m a buyer.
Thanks for the response and support. $5k is on the high side. Right now labor is lengthy, but I’m hoping on the next revision I can streamline it to make it as efficient as possible with room for add on’s. That should help keep the price low for the base setup, with flexibility.

BeccsLair

First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
healthcare
Clubs

Looks like a wonderful product. Are you selling them or selling the metal frame parts cut to size? My son could probably make the wood part but not the frame.... Thanks for considering, Rebecca
Sponsored