First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self employed
There is indeed a statistical "bias" on these threads, however, when you read about issues with mechanical parts (i,e, the shaft issues, tonneau cover, suspension, etc ) that can't be fixed with an update, that is when you get my attention.
Rivian R1T R1S My Rivian R1T Repurchase / Buyback Experience & Replacement IMG_3609

Rivian R1T R1S My Rivian R1T Repurchase / Buyback Experience & Replacement IMG_3607

Rivian R1T R1S My Rivian R1T Repurchase / Buyback Experience & Replacement IMG_3608
Sponsored

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
If those are the only issues you have they might be able to fix those for you.

I had like 28 different issues and after having my truck for about 2 months, they added a few more and fixed some. They finally agreed to purchase it back like 2 months ago now and I finally did the paperwork last week. Now they want me to bring it to them. I don't want to bring it to them. I told them 2 months ago when they dropped it off and it had more issues. I can't upgrade the firmware and I can't adjust the side view mirror and I don't feel comfortable driving it. They did send a tech out but he couldn't fix it.

Vansfan98

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self employed
If those are the only issues you have they might be able to fix those for you.

I had like 28 different issues and after having my truck for about 2 months, they added a few more and fixed some. They finally agreed to purchase it back like 2 months ago now and I finally did the paperwork last week. Now they want me to bring it to them. I don't want to bring it to them. I told them 2 months ago when they dropped it off and it had more issues. I can't upgrade the firmware and I can't adjust the side view mirror and I don't feel comfortable driving it. They did send a tech out but he couldn't fix it.

derichio02

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla Model S
@connoisseurr I am entering the buyback/exchange process tomorrow. I have a question regarding pricing. I also had preorder pricing. Since prices have now went up were you required to purchase the new vehicle at current prices or was you preorder pricing honored? Was your new vehicle a shop vehicle or did you have an extended wait for your vehicle?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

@connoisseurr I am entering the buyback/exchange process tomorrow. I have a question regarding pricing. I also had preorder pricing. Since prices have now went up were you required to purchase the new vehicle at current prices or was you preorder pricing honored? Was your new vehicle a shop vehicle or did you have an extended wait for your vehicle?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
My new purchase was at pre-order pricing. Rivian processed a full-price buyback, essentially I didn't lose or make anything on the trade-in. For new vehicle selection, I ended up getting something out that was already in-production, unspoken for. At the time, the R1 shop didn't have much inventory, IIRC. I worked with my guide what was available to reserve.

Sponsored

derichio02

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My new purchase was at pre-order pricing. Rivian processed a full-price buyback, essentially I didn't lose or make anything on the trade-in. For new vehicle selection, I ended up getting something out that was already in-production, unspoken for. At the time, the R1 shop didn't have much inventory, IIRC. I worked with my guide what was available to reserve.
Thank you! I’m hoping for a similar scenario.

Frisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Getting approved for a replacement vehicle is just half the battle and it is a battle. Waiting for Rivian in its infinite wisdom to actually deliver a replacement is the other half of the battle. Good luck. Unfortunately, I had to buy an AWD to get around in the snow while Rivian slow walks the replacement. Still waiting. Not sure getting a lawyer and filing a lemon law action would speed anything up but assuming you are successful Rivian paying your attorney fees might give some satisfaction.

derichio02

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Getting approved for a replacement vehicle is just half the battle and it is a battle. Waiting for Rivian in its infinite wisdom to actually deliver a replacement is the other half of the battle. Good luck. Unfortunately, I had to buy an AWD to get around in the snow while Rivian slow walks the replacement. Still waiting. Not sure getting a lawyer and filing a lemon law action would speed anything up but assuming you are successful Rivian paying your attorney fees might give some satisfaction.
How long has it been? I don’t see any messaging about your situation

Frisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I first reached out to Rivian for a replacement vehicle November 1 upon returning home from the most recent unsuccessful repair attempt. Still waiting.

Sponsored

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

Any NDA for you to sign? How is the replacement vehicle?

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
NEVER, NEVER take delivery of a new vehicle under inclement weather conditions. It’s impossible to make an inspection of a vehicle.
Sponsored