Sponsored

New Keycards Covered Under Warranty?

kevometer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus RX 450H F-Sport
Long story short, bought my rivian used from a dealership.
Previous owner traded it in without the keycards.
I went and deactivated the 2 keycards that were currently attached to the vehicle through the menus.

Put in a service request in the app, and a mobile tech was sent out within 2 weeks.
He goes to test the first key card and it works, 2nd key card wasn't working, so he said when he gets back he'll ship out the other keycard via mail.
(On a separate tangent, I was surprised at this, given when i first put in the request, the handler said they don't ship keycards due to security reasons. Service guy said Rivian Service Centers/Techs have a bit more flexibility... to my happy surprise).

I figured there would be the $30/card charge + labor, but i have yet to receive any billing or invoice.
Is it possible it was considered gratis from the service center? Or is the billing notoriously slow?
For reference, I do not have a payment method set in my app yet.
Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Details about your service appointment should be in the app, and would include the invoice.

Before your appointment, the app should show a preliminary estimate(with costs), and then after the appointment it changes to a final invoice, usually within an hour.

tjmsquared

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Macan
I don't know about keycards, but I bought a used wristband key for my R1T and when it stopped working they replaced it under warranty no questions asked.

I'd be surprised if it was any different for the keycards.

OP
OP

kevometer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus RX 450H F-Sport
Details about your service appointment should be in the app, and would include the invoice.

Before your appointment, the app should show a preliminary estimate(with costs), and then after the appointment it changes to a final invoice, usually within an hour.
As of Today (March 14), I just checked the app, it says appt scheduled for March 12 (two days ago).
details are blank, only has my address and arrival information. No estimates with cost at all.

Service history section, Past invoices is blank.

Its possible they are waiting on the final keycard to be delivered prior to closing out the appointment/invoice?

Will update when I find out.
Sponsored