First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
"Not" Compass is pretty dang close. I'll see if I can get a picture of it next to Compass yellow soon.

20231114_223704.jpg
Take a look at the road signs along state highways. Yours needs to be that color......sorry....and I have already purchased your OBD-II to USB connector and installed it. Not playing around. You just need to get a better compass yellow for me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I just noticed you named the red one "Canyonero" :CWL:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Take a look at the road signs along state highways. That's not the color......sorry....and I have already purchased your OBD-II to USB connector and installed it. Not playing around. You just need to get a better compass yellow for me.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Take a look at the road signs along state highways. Yours needs to be that color......sorry....and I have already purchased your OBD-II to USB connector and installed it. Not playing around. You just need to get a better compass yellow for me.
That's about as goods as it's going to get considering the options from the premium filament that I can reliably acquire and have taken the time to quality validate and dial in on the printer farm.

Might I suggest downloading the opensource STL file that I've posted. (https://www.printables.com/model/649681-opensourceev-rangefinder-key-fob-surround) It's free and you can print it in any material or color that you would like.

For comparison sake, here it is next to a "Compass Yellow" brake caliper:
Rivian R1T R1S NEW - OpenSourceEV Parts Rangefinder Key Fob Surround in 9 Colors & 2 Finishes 20231118_130623

And here it is next to a "Compass Yellow" accent on my black wheel:
Rivian R1T R1S NEW - OpenSourceEV Parts Rangefinder Key Fob Surround in 9 Colors & 2 Finishes 20231118_130526

Both are different colors. Both are supposedly "Compass Yellow". Both are probably different to the "Compass Yellow" painted Rivians.

"Not Compass Yellow" is also different. As mentioned in the first post, it is a "decent approximation" of the color. It will also likely darken over time with use, FWIW.

My big take away is that I need to wash my truck. :)

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Yellow is yellow. I just ordered one. The carabiner key fob is way too clunky. This will make it the same size as a normal car key fob.

Brian

Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

Might I suggest the black or carbon fiber option so it matches the compass yellow logo on many of the all weather floor mats?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Might I suggest the black or carbon fiber option so it matches the compass yellow logo on many of the all weather floor mats?
That's not going to cut it. He is "not playing around" when it comes to his yellows. This is serious business:lipssealed:

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

That's not going to cut it. He is "not playing around" when it comes to his yellows. This is serious business:lipssealed:
In fairness, I do agree with his close or no cigar approach. But I also get that it would have been odd if Rivian had painted their vehicles to match available filament.

That's why I'm so excited to see my reasonably priced Dollar Green has already shipped! And the glitter matches the story of my R1T purchase when the back seat was full of glitter during my test drive. So that'll make me chuckle internally.

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
That's about as goods as it's going to get considering the options from the premium filament that I can reliably acquire and have taken the time to quality validate and dial in on the printer farm.

Might I suggest downloading the opensource STL file that I've posted. (https://www.printables.com/model/649681-opensourceev-rangefinder-key-fob-surround) It's free and you can print it in any material or color that you would like.

For comparison sake, here it is next to a "Compass Yellow" brake caliper:
20231118_130623.jpg

And here it is next to a "Compass Yellow" accent on my black wheel:
20231118_130526.jpg

Both are different colors. Both are supposedly "Compass Yellow". Both are probably different to the "Compass Yellow" painted Rivians.

"Not Compass Yellow" is also different. As mentioned in the first post, it is a "decent approximation" of the color. It will also likely darken over time with use, FWIW.

My big take away is that I need to wash my truck. :)
Thank you for getting back so quickly, and for a decent "try". I'll stick with the OEM as the metal on it (to me) is a closer match that your yellow.

lov2krz

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S/Tesla X
Occupation
Retired
When you have more forest green in stock please post that here. Thanks

Sponsored

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
This is likely what you're looking for:

1700277588628.png

The proper way to control this is through the setting on the truck, not by reducing the capabilities of the key fob. Ideally, one could disable passive entry (at least at home) and unlock actively from a huge distance away.
What I actually want is Rivian to allow proximity locking options to be available on a per location basis, and not limited to home. I've already sent this request to Rivian.

Home is actually when I have the least problems, and those problems were solved with the recent lock only option for this.

In places where I have problems I'm just going to put the FOB into an RF blocker. Unless someone comes out with a special holder like I requested on my post in this thread.

I don't want to turn of proximity locking despite all the annoyances I have with it.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
When you have more forest green in stock please post that here. Thanks
Two quick updates:
  1. Launch Forest is back in stock. All solo orders will it have been shipped. We're working through orders which have other items on them now.
  2. Carbon Infused is now in stock and is shipping early. (we initially expected next week at some point) Pictures of it are up too.

Also - a few fun details with the CF version:
  • They are actually made from PA12HT-CF. It's a super durable Nylon that is rated up to 300 degrees C. (nearly 600 F) It's used in structural parts and in engine bays.
  • The filament is more than 4x as expensive than the already expensive ASA I use for everything else.
  • The model is actually different from the one that I use and have posted for every other color. This is because shrinkage during printing needs to be accounted for.
  • It's really tough to work with. Removing the small support needed during printing is exceedingly difficult.
  • It's more susceptible to creaking than the ASA version, so I include extra foam with every one.
  • It's what I use for my keychain. It feels really different - less smooth, more rough.
  • It's 100% a limited edition item. When I'm done with this roll, I'll likely never make it again. That said, it's probably not for everyone. Most people would be as well if not better off with the ASA Black Midnight.
Rivian R1T R1S NEW - OpenSourceEV Parts Rangefinder Key Fob Surround in 9 Colors & 2 Finishes 20231118_113712

ThisIsMyHandle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LS FE 22 Dark, Kia EV6 AWD GT-Line
Any chance of an Orange? (darker)

Also +1 for a new button cover that isn't all black...
Sponsored