Perplexed

First Name
Khurram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Hi all,

I picked up my R1S on Jan 20th here in Ontario, Canada (my first EV).

Here are a few thoughts after 20 days of use.....

Here are some positives:
  • Very fast :D
  • Love the look and feel
  • Build quality is excellent (interior and exterior)
  • Performance is amazing and I love that the ride height can be adjusted
  • The 21" road tires perform well (haven't tried taking off the hubs as yet)
  • The on-screen features are mostly well laid out
  • The built-in security features are a great touch (recording of motion, incidents etc)
  • Seamlessly connected to my garage door
  • Car wash mode is perfect
  • The feature to schedule the cabin heating/cooling is fantastic)
  • Overall very happy with the vehicle

And now for some "could do better":
  • Would have liked the 3rd row to be automatic folding/unfolding (as it stands you have to open one of the rear doors to pull these back up)
  • Should come with a side rail as standard so its easier for shorter and older people to get in and out
  • I find that the High Driving Assist is flakey - it doesn't always work and sometimes prompts you to switch it off as it states that (there is no availability). In short, I don't quite fully trust it. This definitely needs to be looked at as it was a feature of my previous vehicle (Palisade) that I really appreciated on long drives.
  • Would be nice to programme the buttons on the right side of the steering wheel.
  • Would be handy to turn lane keeping and collision braking off with a shortcut button - sometimes I want to get through traffic quicker and these features constantly bleep and vibrate.
  • The navigation needs to be upgraded - isn't it using google maps? If so, we need some of the basic options such as toll-road avoidance / route options. Having those means that I no longer need to rely on my phone (currently there is no way to avoid toll roads).
  • The buttons on the right of the steering wheel do not have any function outside of HDA (as far as I can tell).
  • Another improvement would be to allow streaming of motion video to the mobile app
  • Also, it would be nice to see a daily report on how many km were lost due to factors other than distance driven. e.g if the reading is I have 200km range and I drive 100km in distance but the remaining range is 50km - I'd like to see at a glance that 50km were lost to whatever else (weather, heating, sports mode etc).
  • Cold snaps def have a huge impact on batteries! (anything below -10 is going to suck the life out!).

Definitely a heap of fun to drive and am looking forward to summer time.

Thanks and have fun!
Sponsored