Sponsored

New Phone Mount Dash Anchor with 2.5" Riser for R1T & R1S

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Assuming you mean the screw that locks it in place, that one doesn't affect the fit, it just moves a bump on the anchor into a slot on the back of the screen to keep it from sliding out.

To fine tune the fit, there are two screws on the back side that adjust the depth if you'd like: https://everyamp.com/instructions/instructions-dash-anchor-rivian-r1ts-2022/

1707669360229.png

Ultimately, the more weight you add and the farther it is from the anchor point magnifies any movement, but a rigid arm vs an adjustable arm does at least reduce the points where it can move.
Don’t know what you mean. Everything is screwed down at right as possible. It vibrates, and I don’t mean it just shakes. It’s like high frequency vibration such that I can’t read text on my phone when’s using it for navigation. Something is not right. I don’t know if it’s my specific unit or it’s a design issue but it’s there.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, & Model Y
Don’t know what you mean. Everything is screwed down at right as possible. It vibrates, and I don’t mean it just shakes. It’s like high frequency vibration such that I can’t read text on my phone when’s using it for navigation. Something is not right. I don’t know if it’s my specific unit or it’s a design issue but it’s there.
In the case of the adjustment screws shown in the photo and instructions I linked, you're actually loosening the screws to expand the anchor for a tighter fit behind the screen, so when you say everything is screwed down as tight as possible, it sounds like you're not going the correct direction with your depth adjustment.

In any case, we can help you out over a video call if the instructions aren't getting you there. Just reach out at [email protected].

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

In the case of the adjustment screws shown in the photo and instructions I linked, you're actually loosening the screws to expand the anchor for a tighter fit behind the screen, so when you say everything is screwed down as tight as possible, it sounds like you're not going the correct direction with your depth adjustment.

In any case, we can help you out over a video call if the instructions aren't getting you there. Just reach out at [email protected].
i see. ok. i will try to adjust the screws for the anchor and see if that helps. thanks for clarifying.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I’ve tried every adjustment and it still vibrates. Maybe it’s the specific unit I have. Could you send me another one to replace the one I have?

OP
OP
EveryAmp

EveryAmp

Site Sponsor
First Name
EveryAmp
Threads
Reaction score
Website
everyamp.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, & Model Y
I’ve tried every adjustment and it still vibrates. Maybe it’s the specific unit I have. Could you send me another one to replace the one I have?
We can give you a refund if you'd like to return it, but there's not going to be anything different about another one we would send.

As I offered before, we can do a video call to make sure you're adjusting it as best as it can be adjusted. Just reach out at [email protected]. We've been able to help 100% of the customers who have reached out.

If you'd like to continue to try to make this one work on your own, you might try a bit of double-sided tape between the anchor and the back of the screen. If the anchor is even close to being adjusted optimally, that should stop any movement that's left.

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

We can give you a refund if you'd like to return it, but there's not going to be anything different about another one we would send.

As I offered before, we can do a video call to make sure you're adjusting it as best as it can be adjusted. Just reach out at [email protected]. We've been able to help 100% of the customers who have reached out.

If you'd like to continue to try to make this one work on your own, you might try a bit of double-sided tape between the anchor and the back of the screen. If the anchor is even close to being adjusted optimally, that should stop any movement that's left.
ok, so i dont think you understand the issue. the issue isnt the anchor being tight with the back of the screen, the issue is the extension vibrates/shakes. the anchor is solid and doesnt move. the extension seems solid but once i mount my phone and start driving, it shakes.

i've resolved this by putting a couple of 3m rubber double-sided sticky pads on the back of the extension so that it makes contact with the wood trim. it no longer shakes.
Rivian R1T R1S New Phone Mount Dash Anchor with 2.5" Riser for R1T & R1S Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 11.25.01 PM

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
ok, so i dont think you understand the issue. the issue isnt the anchor being tight with the back of the screen, the issue is the extension vibrates/shakes. the anchor is solid and doesnt move. the extension seems solid but once i mount my phone and start driving, it shakes.

i've resolved this by putting a couple of 3m rubber double-sided sticky pads on the back of the extension so that it makes contact with the wood trim. it no longer shakes.
Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 11.25.01 PM.png
Exactly this. I had the same issue. I mounted the mount and promptly took it off because of the shaking. You'd almost need a small "hook" that grabs onto the edge off the wooden dash just under the pad.
Sponsored