Sponsored

New R1T in the Neighbourhood (Vancouver)

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
A new R1T has arrived in my neighbourhood! Turns out it's a friend of a friend, and he was a super early reso holder from the US, but moved up here in the meantime and just took delivery a few days ago. I understand he had been contacted earlier this year but everything was delayed for him because he wasn't in the US anymore. (All 3rd hand commentary, fyi - so grain of salt and all). My friend who has been watching me wait patiently for a year and half sent me some photos teasing me that someone else in the hood beat me to it, ha. I won't post them out of respect for privacy. But I'll ask for an introduction and see if I can learn anything about the purchase process up here.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
So did they take delivery in the states, or here?

csnt imagine going through RIV process and having to take my new very expensive electrotruck to Canadian tire for inspection.

OP
OP

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So did they take delivery in the states, or here?

csnt imagine going through RIV process and having to take my new very expensive electrotruck to Canadian tire for inspection.
Haha, good point! I think he took possession down there and brought it up, but not 100% sure. I wouldn’t want anyone at CDN Tire touching my truck…

PtrO

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Sorento
A new R1T has arrived in my neighbourhood! Turns out it's a friend of a friend, and he was a super early reso holder from the US, but moved up here in the meantime and just took delivery a few days ago. I understand he had been contacted earlier this year but everything was delayed for him because he wasn't in the US anymore. (All 3rd hand commentary, fyi - so grain of salt and all). My friend who has been watching me wait patiently for a year and half sent me some photos teasing me that someone else in the hood beat me to it, ha. I won't post them out of respect for privacy. But I'll ask for an introduction and see if I can learn anything about the purchase process up here.
Can you say what city in Lower Mainland? I'm in North Van with Feb/Mar '23 delivery so keen to be #1 over here :)

OP
OP

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Can you say what city in Lower Mainland? I'm in North Van with Feb/Mar '23 delivery so keen to be #1 over here :)
Ha, it was North Van, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. And I was just up Seymour skiing now and there was an R1T parked up there (with WA plates). Starting to feel closer to real here!

Sponsored

Haulin Oats

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T Adventure
My wife saw a white R1T in Port Moody/Coquitlam area today. Didn’t ask her what plates it had though

gamarsh

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Drove my Rivian up from Los Angeles to North Van. Interesting trip, love the ride.

OP
OP

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Drove my Rivian up from Los Angeles to North Van. Interesting trip, love the ride.
Great drive. I did much of that coastal route when I was a teenager, and really hope to be able to do it again in a Rivian with the family one day. I think we're still seeing more Rivians visiting from south of the border than deliveries though. Did you go coastal, or just take the 5 for speed?

gamarsh

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Did the 5 to get up. Lots of rain and snow (California/Oregon Border). 350 kwt chargers didn't give you anything close. More like 120 but better than 50. Range in the cold drops off about 50 to 70 miles of range on a full charge. Put it in Camp Mode to conserve battery overnight. Snow mode is great for all types of driving. Would love to get a Rivian Rally together in Vancouver where we could all meet up.

gamarsh

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Great drive. I did much of that coastal route when I was a teenager, and really hope to be able to do it again in a Rivian with the family one day. I think we're still seeing more Rivians visiting from south of the border than deliveries though. Did you go coastal, or just take the 5 for speed?
Rivian R1T R1S New R1T in the Neighbourhood (Vancouver) IMG_1685.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Did the 5 to get up. Lots of rain and snow (California/Oregon Border). 350 kwt chargers didn't give you anything close. More like 120 but better than 50. Range in the cold drops off about 50 to 70 miles of range on a full charge. Put it in Camp Mode to conserve battery overnight. Snow mode is great for all types of driving. Would love to get a Rivian Rally together in Vancouver where we could all meet up.
Sounds like a great idea. Hopefully deliveries start ramping up and there will be some folks to join. I'm currently Apr-Jun, will see how much that slips. Definitely looks like you made it here for the snowfun :)

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T

gamarsh

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Looking to have a get together with new owners in Vancouver (Tim Horton coffee and donut rally).

OP
OP

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Looking to have a get together with new owners in Vancouver (Tim Horton coffee and donut rally).
Might need to wait a few months until deliveries start. Hopefully a spring event!
Sponsored