Sponsored

Newbie here

First Name
mfa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, 488, Model X, Honda Clarity, 911, Jeep
Hello everyone, I just discovered this forum. Really excited, like everyone else, on getting my Rivian. My order was placed back in April 2019 (I could not get my exact position in line from the source code in a previous post). My current electric stable includes a Model X and Y, and a Honda Clarity plug in. My question is if anyone has any sense how much Rivian is affected by the global parts shortage. There are always hiccups for any new car company producing delays, however this global parts shortage is affecting every company. My Porsche salesman stated they are handing over cars with one key due to the chip shortage, Elon Musk stated they have alot of cars done, however they do not have chips for seatbelts or airbags, and Toyota just announced a 40% reduction in production.
Sponsored

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Welcome aboard! You're going to find a ton of information on this site. Some are well researched responses and some will be hotly contested debates. We are all anxiously waiting for Rivian to produce its first vehicles, but all we know is they are impacted, but not to what extent. Again Welcome aboard!

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Rivian has stated that they are “supply chain constrained” and likely will be into 2023, but to what extend and what impact, they have not given any indication other than to list it as one of several factors playing into the recent delay(s).
Sponsored