First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 51 Cadillac, Ford Transit Class B RV
Occupation
retired
I went on the Dark Hollow Trail near Erwin, TN. It is a 7-miles long trail, through the woods. The trail was rather easy for the Rivian, but the road is narrow. There were some scratches on my paint, but the whole trip was great.

Sponsored

Glembi2

First Name
Glembi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis GV70, Civic, & Mazda3
Occupation
Patent attorney
Clubs

Awesome trip! Im surprised there were not more scratches. Some of those laurels looked pretty close to the truck.

OP
OP
polonus

polonus

First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I was surprised too. It looked worse on the dirty truck, but after I washed it and applied some paint scratch remover (QUIXX PSR) it was as good as new. However, I wouldn't recommend this trail for someone who can't tolerate any scratches on his vehicle. ;):D

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
Offroading pinstripes. Earned the hard way.

KimBrennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
One of the reasons I got my wrap on my R1T was so that I wouldn't worry about branches scraping the sides of my truck. The color change is nice too. But the original reason was to protect the stock paint.

Sponsored

OP
OP
polonus

polonus

First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I am thinking about doing that too.

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

Nice Video. Have not tried real off road like that with my R1T, but would like to do so. I see you're from Matthews. I think I may have seen you on the way to this site if it was this past week. I passed you on 485 just before getting on 85 south in my Launch Green R1T. Setup of the truck and roof top tent look very similar to the one i passed. Any other places to do some off road adventures near Charlotte or in Western NC that you'd recommend?

OP
OP
polonus

polonus

First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I think I may have seen you on the way to this site if it was this past week. I passed you on 485 just before getting on 85 south in my Launch Green R1T.
Yes, you are correct. I was passed by green R1T

Rivian R1T R1S Off-Roading in R1T @ Appalachian Mountains. Dicks Creek - Dark Hollow Trail Zrzut ekranu 2024-03-29 211129

Any other places to do some off road adventures near Charlotte or in Western NC that you'd recommend?
It was my first off-road trip in that truck and I don't recommend this one. It was fun, but that trail is narrow and it will scratch the paint. In a week or so I'll go to Uwharrie National Forest. There are few nice frails over there, which opens on April 1st and they are closer to home.
Sponsored