Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Mine hasn’t recorded while just drive. It is supposed to do that, correct? Everything turned on and the drive was properly formatted. Did a soft reset. 2 minute clips record though when I tap the icon to start.
They likely did record, but you can only view them on a computer or cell with an OTG connector.
Sponsored

FrictionlessLube

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 WRX, ‘20 Forester
Clubs

They likely did record, but you can only view them on a computer or cell with an OTG connector.
The two <2 minute clips I did show up on the dash. Odd you would have to transfer the full drives just to watch.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
I got side swapped while driving today. No drive installed, but my understanding was something should still record in the "incidents" tab. I honked the horn thinking I read somewhere that it would save the last XX seconds to the car storage. No such luck.
Perhaps I need to enable the main Drive Cam, and attach storage. But that's not clear the way it's written. "Incident" was turned on, so fair warning. Too bad, it would have been a great video of a motorcycle fleeing police and then a van swerving onto the hard shoulder and smashing my mirror...
Rivian R1T R1S Official Software Spotlight: Rivian Drive Cam Screenshot_5_9_23__6_51_PM

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
"When Incidents is on, Gear Guard cameras continuously record video, but no footage is saved. Incidents constantly monitors vehicle dynamics to identify incidents, and if one occurs, saves video of the event. For example, if you are cut off in traffic and have to slam on the brakes, this near-impact scenario would trigger the anti-lock braking system and, in turn, activate Incidents. The fifteen seconds of video that was recorded prior to the event would be saved, and Incidents would also save video of the following 1 minute 45 seconds. These Incidents videos are saved directly to your R1T or R1S internal hard drive; no USB-C drive is necessary."

I guess the horn is not one of the triggers for “incidents”.

Record a 2-minute Drive Clips when you choose Save Clip in the center display or when you honk the horn for more than one second (requires an external USB storage device).

Last edited:

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I wonder what happened for them to create service mode. Did some owner start fiddling while the car was being worked on and cause an issue?
Probably some liability at the service center caught on camera...
Sponsored