OP
OP
lslick23

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T DM
I made service ticket and they called me about 4 hours later. They asked for around what time it happed so they can find the drivers logs. I got a road trip next week so if it happens again they said to call them. I think it only helps them to make the system better by notifying them.
Sponsored

Reactions: VSG

Stack

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model YP, Rivian R1T (Limestone, 20" AT)
Lastnignt with Driver + on and no cars in front of me the truck Phantom braked twice. Is anyone else experiencing this? I’m wondering if I need to fill out a service request since it scares the crap out of you and I’m worried about people behind me.
I had it numerous times on the highway when I had my R1T. Driver’s + is garbage, but manly because the navigation platform is horrendous. If Rivian would dump Mapbox and go with Google, Drivers + would likely improve.

Steve A.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Audi Q7, Ford Expedition, Porsche Cayenne
Occupation
self-employed code-slinger
Clubs

Lastnignt with Driver + on and no cars in front of me the truck Phantom braked twice. Is anyone else experiencing this? I’m wondering if I need to fill out a service request since it scares the crap out of you and I’m worried about people behind me.
Happens all the time for various reasons; e.g. approaching curves, approaching vehicles in the next lane, approaching vehicles parked in a driveway, etc. So annoying. Just immature software.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Sounds like people are using it on city streets and rural roads. I only have use for it on freeways for long trips.

Are people submitting service tickets for bugs via the app? Is that the appropriate way to communicate those to Rivian?

Steve A.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Audi Q7, Ford Expedition, Porsche Cayenne
Occupation
self-employed code-slinger
Clubs

Sounds like people are using it on city streets and rural roads. I only have use for it on freeways for long trips.

Are people submitting service tickets for bugs via the app? Is that the appropriate way to communicate those to Rivian?
Submitting a service ticket would be problematic since there's no easy way to reproduce the scenario which caused it and even if there were associated telemetry that was captured, by the time you actually got a service appointment weeks (months?) later it would most likely have been aged off.

It's just the immaturity of the software. Basically, Tesla has the most mature which is far from perfect and they have a 10+ year head start. It is what it is.

Sponsored

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

So no reason to report them you think? Maybe they just lurk the forums looking for bug reports

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

If Rivian would dump Mapbox and go with Google, Drivers + would likely improve.
Maps are so outdated with businesses listed, years and years old. Every trip I take I look at businesses on the 4 corners of the intersection and many are wrong in the last year but most are wrong detailing 2019 and earlier businesses.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
HWA only works on specific divided highways. ACC works on all roads. A lot of people are confused about what feature they are using. You can tell they are confused and/or don't really know because they call it all Driver+ seemingly without awareness that Driver+ is an umbrella term that covers a dozen different features.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Seems like phantom braking could happen in acc and hwa.
Sponsored