Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

Ha! Would love to see more pics when you get a chance. I’m thinking of going the same route.

How’s wind noise and range impact? (I’d have to leave mine on full time)
If you are going to leave on full time I highly recommend the Overland Ruff Rax it is very quiet, super solid and lower profile than a platform rack on top of the crossbars. It uses all 6 mount points and follows the body line of the roof.
Sponsored

tahoer1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
If you are going to leave on full time I highly recommend the Overland Ruff Rax it is very quiet, super solid and lower profile than a platform rack on top of the crossbars. It uses all 6 mount points and follows the body line of the roof.
Yea it looks amazing on yours. Super solid build.

I love everything about it… except the price! Hoping to come up with a more affordable solution in the Yakima.

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

Yea it looks amazing on yours. Super solid build.

I love everything about it… except the price! Hoping to come up with a more affordable solution in the Yakima.

It looks like Thule makes a platform rack that interfaces with the factory mount points. 8:35 on video
https://www.thule.com/en-us/roof-rack/car-roof-racks put in rivian r1s and it show bar options the attach to factory mount points. Then you can just get a larger platform than the one used on the r1t in the video.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Swilly

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

Ha! Would love to see more pics when you get a chance. I’m thinking of going the same route.

Wind noise is negligible until you hit 50 mph. Above 50 it’s noticeable, but no different than any other vehicle with a platform rack. I am either playing music loudly, listening to kids screaming, or both, so I don’t notice that much. I am planning on adding a fairing.
In terms of range hit, can’t say for sure, have had it on the entire time I have owned it. That said, I drove Denver to Boston, around New England and then back and the rack did not cause me to become stranded anywhere, so range hit was not/is not a concern for me.

It’s not low profile, but fits in our standard garage in all but high height setting. I like it up a bit off the glass, as it lets me easily get under the rack to access mounting hardware for attachments. It serves it’s purpose and looks good to me, so I guess that’s a win.

pics to follow.

OP
OP
Swilly

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Platform/Flat Top Roof Rack Recommendations 405AF957-F4C1-417D-A867-FAD34AF0D18A

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Platform/Flat Top Roof Rack Recommendations 329BBCBF-468E-4E9C-8643-F6B4D3662B4F

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Platform/Flat Top Roof Rack Recommendations 8A090CFA-C647-4A3E-8C71-6F6DC2E23F16

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Platform/Flat Top Roof Rack Recommendations 8FC1FD93-6884-42C6-811A-B2886C3366C2

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Platform/Flat Top Roof Rack Recommendations 6DFDCC65-330C-4B84-A9D0-74BEFDC2FFF4

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Platform/Flat Top Roof Rack Recommendations 793A9AFB-3F47-4ECA-99A1-7FA84E3E18B7

Sponsored

theadonnan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🏎
@Swilly Did you have to use an adapter of any kind for the LockNLoad to fit the Rivian crossbars? I assume that is the platform E sized cargo rack?

OP
OP
Swilly

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
Clubs

@Swilly Did you have to use an adapter of any kind for the LockNLoad to fit the Rivian crossbars? I assume that is the platform E sized cargo rack?
Yup. Yakima LockNLoad Crossbar Clamps. I used 2 sets. 3 is recommended for max carrying capacity, but when I did my maths, I determined I could never get to full weight due to limits of the Rivian crossbars. This would be a reason to direct mount. I personally like mine on the bars though, as I can easily get my hands and arms under it to attach things. I’m not sure what letter it was, just threw away the box last week. I think it was like 46”x84”.

theadonnan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🏎
I considered Thule since they have feet adapters and the cap rock platform, but the dimensions didn’t sound ideal. Thanks for doing math. I just plan to haul a heavy cargo box and spare tire etc. maybe awning.

Sponsored