Sponsored

Poor Quality Stealth Satin PPF Clear Bra on Rivian R1T - Be Careful When Price Shopping

SeattleClearBra

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Occupation
Paint Protection Film Window Tint Vinyl Ceramic Installer
Clubs

Hey All,

Wanted to show a clients R1T that came in to book his new R1S that's being delivered this week. We had a chance to see the previous installers work on the R1T. This will be an unnamed local shop around the Bellevue, Seattle, Kirkland Washington area of the Pacific Northwest.

You'll see from the pictures below just how a stealth satin matte clear bra installation can look when merely using budget friendly, or best cost to source your clear bra PPF installations for your Rivian. There's no one in the market that's perfect installing clear bra, as there will always be some minor things that can happen. This said, when it's this number of problems... it leaves allot to be desired and fixed.

This is why we say, be sure you're using a quality shop offering quality installations who will stand behind the job they do, and why at our shop we offer a lifetime installation warranty in case any of these types of issues arise down the road. Of course, we would never wrap so little of the corners with our high quality package, even on our gloss installation options.

Generally, at our Seattle ClearBra location in Redmond, or Vancouver ClearBra in Vancouver Canada, we do the higher quality PPF clear bra installations which run 7K for gloss and 7.5K for stealth satin matte which includes the head lights, black upper gloss pieces, emblems removed and some trim pieces. Door window edge trim can be added if one chooses to do so. With this said, there are other options if looking for a budget install being the Rivian Xpel OEM package which is 4.5 K and has some wrapped edges, less relief cuts then shown below, doesn't include lights or black trim pieces, emblems left on, and no mirrors or parts removed other than front Rivian logo.

Very little wrap leading up to the rear taillight

Rivian R1T R1S Poor Quality Stealth Satin PPF Clear Bra on Rivian R1T - Be Careful When Price Shopping BAD-poor-quality-rivian-r1t-xpel-stealth-redmond-clear-bra-ppf-paint-protection-film-9

Mirrors were not removed (This said some clients don't want them removed)
Rivian R1T R1S Poor Quality Stealth Satin PPF Clear Bra on Rivian R1T - Be Careful When Price Shopping BAD-poor-quality-rivian-r1t-xpel-stealth-redmond-clear-bra-ppf-paint-protection-film-3

Bad adhesive disturbance and no wrap under flare
Rivian R1T R1S Poor Quality Stealth Satin PPF Clear Bra on Rivian R1T - Be Careful When Price Shopping BAD-poor-quality-rivian-r1t-xpel-stealth-redmond-clear-bra-ppf-paint-protection-film-11

Poor cut on bottom of mirror and back side of mirror still gloss
Rivian R1T R1S Poor Quality Stealth Satin PPF Clear Bra on Rivian R1T - Be Careful When Price Shopping BAD-poor-quality-rivian-r1t-xpel-stealth-redmond-clear-bra-ppf-paint-protection-film-23

No wrap under the trim
Rivian R1T R1S Poor Quality Stealth Satin PPF Clear Bra on Rivian R1T - Be Careful When Price Shopping BAD-poor-quality-rivian-r1t-xpel-stealth-redmond-clear-bra-ppf-paint-protection-film-22

Odd relief cut in an odd place
Rivian R1T R1S Poor Quality Stealth Satin PPF Clear Bra on Rivian R1T - Be Careful When Price Shopping BAD-poor-quality-rivian-r1t-xpel-stealth-redmond-clear-bra-ppf-paint-protection-film-16

Another off relief cut, edges could easily be fixed though
Rivian R1T R1S Poor Quality Stealth Satin PPF Clear Bra on Rivian R1T - Be Careful When Price Shopping BAD-poor-quality-rivian-r1t-xpel-stealth-redmond-clear-bra-ppf-paint-protection-film-7

No wrap under window trim showing gloss and side edge stop prematurely
Rivian R1T R1S Poor Quality Stealth Satin PPF Clear Bra on Rivian R1T - Be Careful When Price Shopping BAD-poor-quality-rivian-r1t-xpel-stealth-redmond-clear-bra-ppf-paint-protection-film-4

Edge under taillight stopped a bit to far away
Rivian R1T R1S Poor Quality Stealth Satin PPF Clear Bra on Rivian R1T - Be Careful When Price Shopping BAD-poor-quality-rivian-r1t-xpel-stealth-redmond-clear-bra-ppf-paint-protection-film-12

Area doesn't generally need a relief cut here, and film didn't go far enough
Rivian R1T R1S Poor Quality Stealth Satin PPF Clear Bra on Rivian R1T - Be Careful When Price Shopping BAD-poor-quality-rivian-r1t-xpel-stealth-redmond-clear-bra-ppf-paint-protection-film-13

Film doesn't wrap under the window trim
Rivian R1T R1S Poor Quality Stealth Satin PPF Clear Bra on Rivian R1T - Be Careful When Price Shopping BAD-poor-quality-rivian-r1t-xpel-stealth-redmond-clear-bra-ppf-paint-protection-film-17
Rivian R1T R1S Poor Quality Stealth Satin PPF Clear Bra on Rivian R1T - Be Careful When Price Shopping BAD-poor-quality-rivian-r1t-xpel-stealth-redmond-clear-bra-ppf-paint-protection-film-5

Film doesn't wrap the edge of charge port door and odd relief cut
Rivian R1T R1S Poor Quality Stealth Satin PPF Clear Bra on Rivian R1T - Be Careful When Price Shopping BAD-poor-quality-rivian-r1t-xpel-stealth-redmond-clear-bra-ppf-paint-protection-film-2
Rivian R1T R1S Poor Quality Stealth Satin PPF Clear Bra on Rivian R1T - Be Careful When Price Shopping BAD-poor-quality-rivian-r1t-xpel-stealth-redmond-clear-bra-ppf-paint-protection-film-1

No wrap under the window trim
Rivian R1T R1S Poor Quality Stealth Satin PPF Clear Bra on Rivian R1T - Be Careful When Price Shopping BAD-poor-quality-rivian-r1t-xpel-stealth-redmond-clear-bra-ppf-paint-protection-film-22

Rivian R1T R1S Poor Quality Stealth Satin PPF Clear Bra on Rivian R1T - Be Careful When Price Shopping BAD-poor-quality-rivian-r1t-xpel-stealth-redmond-clear-bra-ppf-paint-protection-film-18
Sponsored

Last edited:

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Worst I’ve seen and I’m not even that into it.

I would be cautious about putting your logo on those pix as it would be super easy to attribute that work to your shop. I had to read the post twice to confirm it was NOT your shop.

OP
OP
SeattleClearBra

SeattleClearBra

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Occupation
Clubs

I would be cautious about putting your logo on those pix as it would be super easy to attribute that work to your shop. I had to read the post twice to confirm it was NOT your shop.
I just thought about that after I posted. May have to run the images again without the logo and replace them all as I would hate anyone to think we did this. Appreciate the comment and will get on that.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It would be interesting to have a shop post up what they did the worst, but obviously no-one would want to brag about their bad work.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Looks like I did it... thats bad if it was a professional job

Sponsored

OP
OP
SeattleClearBra

SeattleClearBra

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Occupation
Clubs

Updated and done.... :like: Again TY

OP
OP
SeattleClearBra

SeattleClearBra

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Occupation
Clubs

It would be interesting to have a shop post up what they did the worst, but obviously no-one would want to brag about their bad work.
We've had mess-ups in the past 20 years, I will not lie about that, BUT we are always willing to make it right to the best we can. One thing is photos can make things look overly bad, when it really isn't per say, this said, as these pictures illustrate that's not the case and most likely due to looking for the cheap shop so to speak and basing their choice on price alone. It really is a bad installation that should be replaced IMO. If somehow this ever came out of one of our shops, A. I would have to let someone go and B. it would be fully replaced, at no cost to the client and loaner car set up for them in the meantime while it was fixed.

OP
OP
SeattleClearBra

SeattleClearBra

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Occupation
Clubs

Looks like I did it... thats bad if it was a professional job
Yes, it was a shop in the local Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland area who did this sadly although I cannot post a name with it. It's just a warning to be conscious of who is used to install.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
The bottom line is you can’t really find any lower pricing you’re gonna pay about $7500 for a full install or about 2500 for the front and some various other additions there’s really no way around the pricing which is ultimately why I decided against it but I fully understand why bunch of people love it .

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Yeah installers of this stuff do vary in skill. I had my clear done and there are spots like that too. It wasn't worth the money to have it done at all by the place I had do it. I won't be having them do that again. They are a good detailer, just not so much for PPF.

And I paid 5K for just the front, so not exactly cheap.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SeattleClearBra

SeattleClearBra

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Occupation
Clubs

The bottom line is you can’t really find any lower pricing you’re gonna pay about $7500 for a full install or about 2500 for the front and some various other additions there’s really no way around the pricing which is ultimately why I decided against it but I fully understand why bunch of people love it .
Mosty true, at times there can be some combined discounts or ways to save a bit if lessening the number of pieces done of course. We do wish society was such that we could do full coverage high quality installs for 4K but those days are gone by with inflationary pressures sadly. Our full fronts are 2100 though :rock:

OP
OP
SeattleClearBra

SeattleClearBra

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Occupation
Clubs

Yeah installers of this stuff do vary in skill. I had my clear done and there are spots like that too. It wasn't worth the money to have it done at all by the place I had do it. I won't be having them do that again. They are a good detailer, just not so much for PPF.

And I paid 5K for just the front, so not exactly cheap.
I'm sorry to hear that. Any chance you may be able to approach them and ask them to replace some of the ppf install for you? If you were close to us, I'd say come on by and see what we may be able to do.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I'm sorry to hear that. Any chance you may be able to approach them and ask them to replace some of the ppf install for you? If you were close to us, I'd say come on by and see what we may be able to do.
They already replaced the hood. The whole job isn’t terrible but I still consider it filed in the lesson learned category

Blakeney

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ram 1500 Limited, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
SO not sure if this was covered, but when I spoke to my local Xpel dealer they said the Rivian deal was with a PRE CUT PPF, that went around the letters, did not wrap around the doors etc... All the pieces were pre templated, and they peel and stick. Otherwise they offered the real deal for 7k or something, rather than Rivian's 5k. Kind of looks like what they used here, not that it was cut bad by the installers.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

We've had mess-ups in the past 20 years, I will not lie about that, BUT we are always willing to make it right to the best we can. One thing is photos can make things look overly bad, when it really isn't per say, this said, as these pictures illustrate that's not the case and most likely due to looking for the cheap shop so to speak and basing their choice on price alone. It really is a bad installation that should be replaced IMO. If somehow this ever came out of one of our shops, A. I would have to let someone go and B. it would be fully replaced, at no cost to the client and loaner car set up for them in the meantime while it was fixed.
I put a small chunk of PPF on my spoiler to stop it from getting damage from my bike tires and it's about 70% bubbles so I don't envy people that do this for a living and do good work!
Sponsored