First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Imagine being an early adopter... I'd be fuming.
Unless they find an angel investor, this seems to indicates the beginning of the end.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Unless they find an angel investor, this seems to indicates the beginning of the end.
There's been a lot of indications. Sale is likely being driven by the folks Fisker owes bond money to, since Fisker has 9 figures of cash tied up in their inventory still. Service department is being kept open because they'd never be able to sell the inventory at any price otherwise. I give it a few months before they close those doors too.

Not much fuming here yet as my Ocean still works. Would I have liked to pay 25 grand less for it? Sure. I don't see cars as an investment and I don't typically get rid of them in after only a few months. I like driving it enough that I'd rather keep driving it than attempt to cut my already significant losses on it.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

There's been a lot of indications. Sale is likely being driven by the folks Fisker owes bond money to, since Fisker has 9 figures of cash tied up in their inventory still. Service department is being kept open because they'd never be able to sell the inventory at any price otherwise. I give it a few months before they close those doors too.

Not much fuming here yet as my Ocean still works. Would I have liked to pay 25 grand less for it? Sure. I don't see cars as an investment and I don't typically get rid of them in after only a few months. I like driving it enough that I'd rather keep driving it than attempt to cut my already significant losses on it.
I wonder if you'll start to see some crowdsourced software mods once they close shop completely and there is no longer a warranty to void. I would think there is potential for some pretty interesting stuff that you'd be able to side-load onto your OS. At that $25k price point for some pretty decent "bones" I could see some cool custom builds coming out for anyone who is willing to put in the work.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I wonder if you'll start to see some crowdsourced software mods once they close shop completely and there is no longer a warranty to void. I would think there is potential for some pretty interesting stuff that you'd be able to side-load onto your OS. At that $25k price point for some pretty decent "bones" I could see some cool custom builds coming out for anyone who is willing to put in the work.
Kind of where my thoughts are at. If the vehicle flat out stops functioning, tear out the electronics that don't work and replace it with something that does. Of course my real problem is having too many projects and not enough time to work on them all.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Kind of where my thoughts are at. If the vehicle flat out stops functioning, tear out the electronics that don't work and replace it with something that does. Of course my real problem is having too many projects and not enough time to work on them all.
Honestly, you'd be hard pressed to get all the parts that you need for a EV conversion for $25k. I wouldn't be shocked to see some of them get bought up by people who want to do a JRE like conversion. I think of something like an XJ or older 4Runner that could be a pretty cool vehicle with the guts of an Ocean in them.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

The only bright spot I can see is Magna. Any and practically all of the IP is in-house at Magna, which gives a ray of light for someone to pick up the pieces and gain access to the software. I am thinking an India based company would be a candidate to pick up the pieces...(Tata Motors)

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Damn.

Too bad this could not have been predicted a long time ago.

/S
Sponsored