Sponsored

Pulled the trigger on R1T Shop. Goodbye, Max Pack.

jclicky

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
My wife is going to wonder what we're going to talk about from now on, but I pulled the trigger and decided to get the large pack.
No tonneau or spare, but everything else I wanted. I was on the fence about colors so got this badass one. Hopefully will have it in 4 - 8 weeks.
1670284439187.png
Me as I continue to hold out for a Max Pack:
Rivian R1T R1S Pulled the trigger on R1T Shop. Goodbye, Max Pack. ho7eqr2az0qujzmcx0hoa0i8w5jmry2rfwv8i4xw&rid=giphy

But seriously, glad you finally got your Truck! And do let us know how it holds up in the areas/trips with fewer chargers, I’ll be watching this thread for your honest take about how it is to not have the increased range. TBH, if the RAN was half-as-built as the Tesla network, I’d already have pulled the trigger on a large pack instead. But as it is, especially in the wilderness, I’m just a bit nervous about having to hunt for chargers.
Sponsored

Doug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 2002 Ford
Occupation
Business Owner
Do you mind sharing a bit more about that timeline?

So you got a VIN 14-17Nov(?)
and received it (in MN?) by 4Dec?
So here was my timeline:

11/11- was granted access to the shop
11/14- We changed our configuration from Max to large to see what the timeline woud be to get our exact features we wanted(IT just said pending)
11/16-We were able to get a first drive by meeting the guys from Rivian halfway(150 miles) from our house and the service center. (The guys from service were awesome and very helpful with advice)
11/16- We discovered a truck was added to the shop that we both liked and had the features and wheels we wanted so we pulled the trigger and locked it in. We had to drive home so by then that was all we could do that day. But for us the VIN appeared immediately and the 8 steps. Login on the website and go to your page and the 3rd icon down on the left side is a picture of a truck if you click on that our 8 steps appeared.
11/17,18- We did the first 6 steps. We financed part of it so it took two days to get it all squared away and the money wired to Rivian.
11/21- I did step 7. I was waiting with this step because I did not want my money tied up for weeks if I was not getting the truck soon.
11/23- Truck was ready for delivery. Just needed final inspection.
11/26- They offered to deliver it but I was out of town for work.
11/29-Scheduled delivery- Snowstorm
11/30-Delivery!!! Only took about an hour.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
All part of Rivian's master plan... push max pack (quad motor) orders to 2024... then offer "Shop" access for "large" pack vehicles that you can get delivered in weeks not years.

Well played Rivian!

OP
OP
jbronkoR1T

jbronkoR1T

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Music&Tech
All part of Rivian's master plan... push max pack (quad motor) orders to 2024... then offer "Shop" access for "large" pack vehicles that you can get delivered in weeks not years.

Well played Rivian!
yes, I vowed to resist, but alas I could not. 2 big factors for me...one new friend on the forum pointing out that an upcoming trip would be far more doable with fast charging than I'd thought, and also just the environmental impact of another 1000lbs of battery when I won't need it 98% of the time. My only real worry is if there are things that I literally can't do in rural areas b/c of charging infrastructure. But I'm not THAT adventurous so that doesn't seem too much of an issue.
Sponsored