Sponsored

kevometer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus RX 450H F-Sport
Long time lurker and May 2022 RSVP holder (post price hike). Was patiently waiting until El Capitan granite + powered tonneau + ocean coast interior + dual motor was a selectable configuration.

came across a thread about the used stealth wrapped rivian and had me curious to what I could get. I would periodically check autotraded/used car markets for fun.
A few weeks in I see a stealth wrapped, El Capitan granite rivian on the used market for 73k. Single owner, 8.9k miles.

Looks like it was pre price hike, as the used rivian was optioned out with the 20” AT DARK, quad motor, Forest edge interior. The initial owner left the window sticker tag in the car, and I later confirmed it was out the door brand new at 80k (seems to be in line with "pre price hike"). For additional supporting evidence, putting this exact into the online configurator now (brand new), it came out to 96k (before taxes and stealth wrap). Even with the loss of the 7500 federal EV credit (and loss of my $100 of $1000 binding purchase agreement deposit), it was a no brainer for me.

Configuration Differences:
so my almost perfect configuration except for the interior being Forest edge instead of ocean coast. Needless to say I am now loving the forest edge interior, the brown wood looks so much better than the black ash. I asked the dealer for a few videos and I purchased it sight unseen. I ended up purchasing a tri fold tonneau instead of waiting for a retrofit powered.

Today:
it’s everything I wanted in a car and more. I absolutely love the wrap, gear tunnel, and all of the quirks. The amount of compliments and head turns makes me love this vehicle even more.

Issues:
There are a few panel misalignments but nothing of significant note. There is a noisy window seal on the drivers side that I’m getting checked out, but other than that no complaints. I get excited for every software update to explore new features.

Rivian R1T R1S Purchasing Journey: New RSVP Holder to Pre-Owned R1T (Stealth Wrapped) IMG_0791
Sponsored

Last edited:

wreighven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Toyota Tundra 1794 Edition 4x4
Clubs

She’s a beaut, Clark!

R1TS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Cheap, used with low miles like yours is the way to go! Good looking truck.
Sponsored