First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Its probably the EDV 500, the same ones they are using for their service vans.
I do not think so, the 500/700/900 are all the same width, the article specifically said narrower. Will be interesting to see if specs come out for it to verify one way or the other because making a narrower version is way more expensive than changing the length.

jbssfelix

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3; Rivian R1S
Clubs

options. The only solace I have is that at the price point I bought it, I could easily trade in my Tesla - pay no taxes on the Rivian - then trade in the Rivian for a Range Rover plug hybrid at a profit and reduce my cost of the RR. I think this is my plan, but we’ll see what happens when I finally take delivery.. or should I say.. if I take delivery. Soon.
just another reason to be mad at Rivian

Have you asked for R1 Shop access?

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
Have you asked for R1 Shop access?
yes multiple times. I actually emailed them this last night at 12am my time and am waiting on their response as why this can’t be an option for me if I want it. I could even make the 6 hour drive. Not a big deal.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
It’s just simply not real. I’m in Minneapolis, a nice an easy 20 min drive to the service center. I have a white R1S with ocean coast interior and 21” road tires. I haven’t even one time touched my configuration in 3 years. The only thing that could be holding up my order is the ocean coast interior but according to the dumb kids behind the screen at Rivian switching to BM or brights wouldn’t have garnered me R1 shop access any earlier. It’s obvious BS but it’s par for the course with Rivian. Lies, lies, more lies and then omissions of truths followed by denial.
It is real, unless you think the dozens of deliveries to members of this forum aren't real or that they've decided to just randomly skip VINs lately to make their numbers look better somehow. I picked an R1S from the Shop on 5/26. My VIN is in the 112xx range. People picking from the R1S Shop this week are already getting VINs in the 142xx range. That's 3k VINs used in 5 weeks, or 600/week. In Q2 they averaged 1,166 total vehicles/week, including R1T, R1S, and EDV. Half of all vehicles produced are now R1S, based on those numbers.

We don't know how many of those are EDV, but considering their reported delivery target of 10k of those this year, they need to be producing hundreds of those per month at this point. That means the ratio of R1S:R1T is probably 2:1, which is what's been reported from factory tours. Their R1S production and delivery ramp is most definitely real. It's later than we all would have liked, but it's happened.

Sponsored

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
It is real, unless you think the dozens of deliveries to members of this forum aren't real or that they've decided to just randomly skip VINs lately to make their numbers look better somehow. I picked an R1S from the Shop on 5/26. My VIN is in the 112xx range. People picking from the R1S Shop this week are already getting VINs in the 142xx range. That's 3k VINs used in 5 weeks, or 600/week. In Q2 they averaged 1,166 total vehicles/week, including R1T, R1S, and EDV. Half of all vehicles produced are now R1S, based on those numbers.

We don't know how many of those are EDV, but considering their reported delivery target of 10k of those this year, they need to be producing hundreds of those per month at this point. That means the ratio of R1S:R1T is probably 2:1, which is what's been reported from factory tours. Their R1S production and delivery ramp is most definitely real. It's later than we all would have liked, but it's happened.
lmfao.. dozens =\= literal tens of thousands.

Probs should stop just reading the headlines of articles and taking it as gospel. It goes a long way.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
lmfao.. dozens =\= literal tens of thousands.

Probs should stop just reading the headlines of articles and taking it as gospel. It goes a long way.
You think this forum, and that thread in particular represent all deliveries? You’re clearly pissed and blinded by your own situation. You have no evidence that the ramp isn’t real. I pointed to real numbers that show it is.

edit: why are you expecting “literal tens of thousands”? That’s the projection for the entire year for all vehicles. That’s been the projection for quite a while now. 10k EDVs, 40k R1 combined. That’s been their public guidance for at least a year now, and all the delivery timelines for customers have been consistent with that. Many have gotten their R1S before their estimate.

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I do not think so, the 500/700/900 are all the same width, the article specifically said narrower. Will be interesting to see if specs come out for it to verify one way or the other because making a narrower version is way more expensive than changing the length.
Guessing it is a change in the mirrors. EU laws being much different in that regard.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Guessing it is a change in the mirrors. EU laws being much different in that regard.
Hope so, that would make much more sense. If I was reporting on those deliveries I certainly would have asked for clarification to include in the report. Every article I saw glossed over that topic.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

That was a very good, if short, interview. The shipping of EDVs to Germany is significant because it is a low risk way of entering the European market and building out the infrastructure which can then be shared once the R1/R2 is sold in Germany.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Ok now I feel silly because I clearly do not retain everything I read and was running on the assumption that the 3 versions were exactly the same except for length but, as mentioned by @Sharpobjects4321 above, appears based on this article by Motortrend, the EDV500 has always been narrower than the other 2.

“Three Sizes Fit All
Rivian is developing three vans capable of carrying 500, 700, or 900 cubic feet of packages. All share the same stand-up interior height. The smallest one is narrower than the larger two and is as roomy as today's mainstream Mercedes-Benz Sprinter or Ford Transit delivery vans. The largest has roughly the same turning circle diameter as those smaller vans, to maintain its easy maneuverability. The electric skateboard chassis is relatively easy to stretch or shrink in length or width, and modular design allows for considerable commonality among the three vans.”

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Who was bragging? The dude who said he bought in recently also mentioned that he’s still way under water on the rest of his Rivian shares so it sounds like he’s still at a loss.
Are we reading the same post? He clearly brags that he paid a fraction of what pre-order holders paid for the same number of stock and that he timed his purchase perfectly while those of us who invested early and helped generate the cash that has been Rivian's lifeblood are suckers.

The rest of your post is talking about something completely outside of the post I was replying to and is therefore irrelevant since it has nothing to do with the post I am specifically citing.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Are we reading the same post? He clearly brags that he paid a fraction of what pre-order holders paid for the same number of stock and that he timed his purchase perfectly while those of us who invested early and helped generate the cash that has been Rivian's lifeblood are suckers.

The rest of your post is talking about something completely outside of the post I was replying to and is therefore irrelevant since it has nothing to do with the post I am specifically citing.
I must have missed it. I didn't read that but if it was there then I agree he was bragging.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Everybody wants easy money. Everyone wants to bitch, whine and moan instead of doing the heavy lifting.

We all just want easy money, baby.

instead of being salty, sour and moaning, and bitching you can put in the work and reap the rewards like 15% in a week or 50% for picking up some call options in a day.

This is the country of opportunities and the opportunities are in front of you, and even people are yelling at you the opportunities in front of you instead, all you can do is bitch and whine, and moan, and be pissy while others laugh all the way to the bank.

picked up more shares today.

I have more respect for the folks who buy when the price is beat up instead of FOMO into an overpriced stock.

Rivian R1T R1S Q2 2023: Rivian produced 13,992 vehicles and delivered 12,640 units, beating estimates IMG_1145
Rivian R1T R1S Q2 2023: Rivian produced 13,992 vehicles and delivered 12,640 units, beating estimates IMG_1146
Rivian R1T R1S Q2 2023: Rivian produced 13,992 vehicles and delivered 12,640 units, beating estimates IMG_1147
Sponsored