Sponsored

R1S delivery delay poll

How long was your R1S delivery delayed in this last update (use last month of windows)?

• Total voters

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Do you mind sharing what area of PA you are located in?
I ordered well before you, and will be getting my R1S waay after you, so I am curious if location matters at all.
Lehigh/Berks area. I suspect OC is what's delaying you. Or, perhaps how recently you changed your config? I have not changed my config in the past 6 months. I'm beginning to think that if you change your config, you get bumped waaay back.
Sponsored

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
FYI "processing" means there is no SC near you and your timeline is now 2025+.

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
Anyone know what this means? I seem to be the only person I've seen without a range but a year:

Rivian R1T R1S R1S delivery delay poll 1667125451412

1/22 pre-order so I definitely should not be at the front of the line, but this seems odd. 24 miles from the Brooklyn service center.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
2/14/22 order date. Latest estimate 2024. I am not giving up on my OC order! I got white pants from the J Crew summer sale just for the OC interior.

Sponsored

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Anyone know what this means? I seem to be the only person I've seen without a range but a year:

1667125451412.png

1/22 pre-order so I definitely should not be at the front of the line, but this seems odd. 24 miles from the Brooklyn service center.
Your estimate doesn’t surprise me. From other posts, it appears R1S preorders around the Brooklyn service center area with October and November 2021 pre-order dates now generally have October-December 2023 delivery estimates. My sense is August and September 2021 R1S pre-orders from around the Brooklyn Service Center mostly got July-September delivery estimates. Hopefully, by the January delivery estimate update, Rivian will be able to narrow down your 2024 estimate.

Reactions: Bee

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
I don't think LA Silver has anything to do with delay. I'm 7/2019 LE preorder, with LA Silver and FE interior, AT20's, and I'm now Feb-Mar '23. FE is going much sooner than OC it seems. OC is the biggest delay point I've noticed for many Long-Term res holders.
I agree

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter

1667125451412.png

We have 2018 and 2019 pre order holders in the BC service area with early and late 2023 dates. Given your order date I'm not surprised you are slated for sometime in 2024.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
FYI "processing" means there is no SC near you and your timeline is now 2025+.
That's incorrect. From the Rivian email:
"If at any time you reconfigure or change your delivery address, your delivery estimate in your Account will update to “processing” pending our next scheduled refresh. It’s important to note that changing your configuration will almost always result in your delivery estimate moving back."

Bee

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning, '23 Ioniq 5
We have 2018 and 2019 pre order holders in the BC service area with early and late 2023 dates. Given your order date I'm not surprised you are slated for sometime in 2024.
I'm not raging against anything at this point, it's just an outlier from everyone else and wondered what it meant.

The only thing I potentially feel cheated about is if they had this thing behind closed doors and all our reconfiguration were sending us to the back of the line or whatever. If I knew that was the case I would have stopped being indecisive and playful with the configuration the first week I made the reservation. Meanwhile I've been swapping R1T to R1S like it's nothing because I can't decide if space for a dog on road trips is worth foregoing bed needs.

It's a really hard decision for some of us, my wife commutes into an urban setting so having 2 trucks is impractical and we do have kids and road trip which complicates the dog thing.

At the end of the day anything I wanted to put in the bed can be paid to be delivered but I can't pay in the moment for a spot for my dog. Also, I do have some genuine interest in offroading and the R1S does get check marks there in the advantage columns. So here I am, the adventure minivan :D

Sponsored

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Lehigh/Berks area. I suspect OC is what's delaying you. Or, perhaps how recently you changed your config? I have not changed my config in the past 6 months. I'm beginning to think that if you change your config, you get bumped waaay back.
This is upsetting. I am in the LHV so it cant be location.
If it is the config, then it is LAS+OC or LAS in my opinion. There are plenty of people getting OC in 2023 that makes it difficult for me to believe it is that.
There other potential contributor is that I have original pricing, and I bet they would love for me to cancel.
Anyway, thanks for responding, as I now know my location isnt why I am in 2024

RivianNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air
That's incorrect. From the Rivian email:
"If at any time you reconfigure or change your delivery address, your delivery estimate in your Account will update to “processing” pending our next scheduled refresh. It’s important to note that changing your configuration will almost always result in your delivery estimate moving back."
Not sure which email that is from .. btw, don't disagree w/ changes negatively impacting a delivery

but the email I received (attached) made it clear that proximity to Service Centers was a determining factor for delivery schedule .. and, in my email, "Processing Estimate" is basically letting me know that they're kicking the can down the road (at least until Jan. 2023) and probably have no idea when (or if) deliveries will be made to me (and others) .. The lack of published details or explanation for how close to a SC one needs to be, or lack of planned new SC implementations schedule is not promising.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S delivery delay poll 2022Oct28 emailUpdate.JPG

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
If it is the config, then it is LAS+OC or LAS in my opinion. There are plenty of people getting OC in 2023 that makes it difficult for me to believe it is that.
There other potential contributor is that I have original pricing, and I bet they would love for me to cancel.
I think you might be on to something here. I have original pricing with LA silver and no add-ons, which is essentially the cheapest configuration available. I ordered in early 2021 and live about an hour from the closest SC. There is really no other reason that I shouldn't receive mine sometime in 2023 based on what have been reported around here.

GR

Last edited:

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure which email that is from .. btw, don't disagree w/ changes negatively impacting a delivery

but the email I received (attached) made it clear that proximity to Service Centers was a determining factor for delivery schedule .. and, in my email, "Processing Estimate" is basically letting me know that they're kicking the can down the road (at least until Jan. 2023) and probably have no idea when (or if) deliveries will be made to me (and others) .. The lack of published details or explanation for how close to a SC one needs to be, or lack of planned new SC implementations schedule is not promising.

2022Oct28 emailUpdate.JPG
It's in the email I received Friday afternoon. Almost seems like locked in configurations got a different email from teh "Processing" configurations?

Rivian R1T R1S R1S delivery delay poll 1667162670110

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I also have original pricing - I really don't think that comes into play. My only other thought is that I also provided my Delaware vacation home address in addition to my Pennsylvania address - I would take delivery close to either location. Not sure if that enters into it at all. And I have not changed my config in 6 months or more. I'm beginning to think they have been in the past and will continue to delay people who change their config, regardless of their order date. "No soup for you!"
Sponsored