Sponsored

R1S Guide contacts - please report here

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Jan 19 order. Always been R1S. Nuthin’ yet…
Sponsored

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
I wish this forum had a "follow this user obsessively" feature :). I'm excited not only to see an R1S be delivered but also with the OC Interior.
I'll post as i learn more - but I'm glad it doesn't :whew:

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I want an amber alert style notification on my phone for R1S guide contacts
If they had that, I would have to turn the alert system back on.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
All this excitement caused me to reach out to CS just now and inquire about my R1S reservation status. Here's what I was told:
  • "Oh, you're about to get contacted" - she sounded genuinely surprised at what she was seeing
  • Said I should hear any day this week or maybe next week. - my Guide hasn't been assigned yet "in the system"
  • Told me if I didn't hear this week I should call back and maybe then my guide would be assigned and they could provide contact info
  • Confirmed they are on track with March / April delivery time
    • "we're really ramping up production and I see the trucks being loaded on carriers every day"
  • I asked if I could change my tire selection - "It might impact your delivery timing by a few weeks"
So, that's where they say I stand as of now. fingers crossed.

Preorder Nov'18 - #1813 - LG R1S OC Int (R1S the entire time) - No Guide Contact (yet)
Getting close! I'm a few orders behind you. #1836, R1S...

What you say above is pretty much the same dialog I've had with CS chat.. any day now. Last week when I asked about timeline, CS asked if they could schedule a follow up call with me this week to check in on any progress. My call is tomorrow, I'll let you know if I learn of any new updates.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Does anyone think there will be a First Mile event for R1S prior to actual customer delivery?

GR

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I guess the current timeline doesn't allow for one without delaying delivery. I am hoping there will be some later this year so that I can try it before my anticipated delivery in 1H2023.

GR
I'm guessing you will be able to by then.

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

I started with an R1T reservation and switched to the R1S recently. It amazes me how little info/pictures there are on the R1S for having deliveries going to customers soon. I’m hoping the R1S deliveries happen soon so we get to see the interior more. How has Rivian not released more info/pictures on the R1S?

Sponsored

BagelConsultant

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace, Jaguar XKR Convertible
Occupation
Tech Stuff
Oh I'll be waiting awhile, my original estimate was first half of calendar 2023, now its anybody's guess. As long as the price continues to hold firm I'll probably buy (unless something else amazing hits the market with better availability). Can't say I'm suffering now, my current Jaguar F-Pace is great if a bit of a gas guzzler and will be under warranty until the end of 2023.

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner

What you say above is pretty much the same dialog I've had with CS chat.. any day now. Last week when I asked about timeline, CS asked if they could schedule a follow up call with me this week to check in on any progress. My call is tomorrow, I'll let you know if I learn of any new updates.
I’m order # 24XX and Apri/May delivery. CS just has the stock, still on track for your delivery window replies.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot

Did you end up having the call with CS? Get anything other than the canned responses of s00n?

Paradigm_Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Audi RS5, and a few more
Occupation
Architect
Clubs

Where do you find your order number? I've looked on my account / config page and haven't seen it.

CYoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I’m gettin nervous about the R1S. I can’t believe they haven’t even released a picture of the interior of the car. I have no idea how the March-April people are going to get their cars. I’ve got to think there are major issues right now.
Sponsored