First Name
Jag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Lexus GX470, RX350
Occupation
Engineer
So far this shade has worked perfectly -it stops the sun and heat, stays in place for long rides. It is the only game in town.
Sponsored

Redmond Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (LG, FE, 20"), Tesla Model X
Clubs

You can also get them at heatshieldstore.com. I've had them for several vehicles. Light, easy to store, easy to install, easy to take down, good fit, well insulated, reasonably priced. Great for camping, or for keeping the car comfortable while you are charging during a summer roadtrip.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
OP
OP

jkahlon

First Name
Jag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Lexus GX470, RX350
Occupation
Engineer
Nice will be ordering one, August delivery however :confused:

Sponsored

ckjones

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Occupation
Retired
Was fortunate to read a post at the end of May with a suggestion of an RV shade for the large window.

EcoNour 2-Piece Foldable Spring RV Windshield Sunshade | Reflective 230T Nylon Keeps Your RV Cool | Front RVs, Trucks, Motorhomes, Large Bus | Large Side Window | XXL (Each 41.5" x 50") https://a.co/d/bQJgWdp

You get two in the package, spare shade I guess. Works good and covers 95+% of the window as there are a few very minor edge areas open.

Slides up under the space between the glass and trim.

When it cools down it will be removed. Really keeps the heat out and the view is just black above.

Onetyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
QX80
I have the ev sport line on order but using the RV shade until the. 100+ here and the sun is just too much for the A/C to overcome.

Triangle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition, 20" Brights, Ocean Breeze
Occupation
Cinematographer
Clubs

Woah..... The shade appears functional... Doesn't look great, but who cares for camping or a hot road trip. Those seat covers though... I just don't understand... It looks like the feel is akin to sitting on a wetsuit? It also looks like it blocks the seat ventilation. The R1S interior is one of its best features! Enjoy those seats, you really won't get more $ for it used later on.

I was looking at a used Honda pilot for my son recently and the owner had PERFECT seats and had been sitting on plastic covers for the last 8 years. The price was no higher than comparable ones with worn seats. So the guy sat on plastic for no reason really. Maybe you have a good reason, but man it bums me out looking at those covers haha!

OP
OP

jkahlon

First Name
Jag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Lexus GX470, RX350
Occupation
Engineer
My bad on trying to take a picture messed it up this is how they look in reality, it is a perfect match for the colors
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WLMXQ85/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They are Yoga mats to protect when you are sweating or wet from the beach. I have used similar seat covers on my Lexus for years seats are still in pristine condition. Covers last for a year or so on the driver seat, are machine washable.

Even the shade looks better in real life, is cheap enough to use as a holder till better ones appear.

Updated main picture

Last edited:

Triangle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition, 20" Brights, Ocean Breeze
Occupation
Cinematographer
Clubs

Got it haha. Makes sense for wet/sweaty occasions I guess. I don't think your photo was the issue though, they look funky and uncomfortable in the amazon pics too, but hey if they work for you that's all that matters!
Sponsored