Sponsored

R1S Window Trim Peeling

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
Has anyone else had any trouble with the exterior trim around the windows peeling?

Our R1S is 7 months old with 10,000 miles on it. And the trim around the rear window is starting to peel off the car. We live in coastal California with temperate weather.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Window Trim Peeling IMG_8437
Sponsored

eRacer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Had this happen to our R1T and they were able to repalce the trim through Rivian's mobile service under warranty.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Had this happen to our R1T and they were able to repalce the trim through Rivian's mobile service under warranty.
Same with my R1T

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

It’s unfortunately a very common issue. Call support and they will replace it.

I tried repairing mine with 3M automotive tape, but it came back up within a week

Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Seems like a problem that will recur after the warranty expires. I’m curious if you park outside or garaged. 11 months of garaged ownership for me and I’m not seeing this (yet).

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Mine was peeling apart like that on delivery day. Rivian service literally delivered my car to me with that issue. After almost waiting a month, I was able to get into service and they replaced it. What I noticed is that they also left me a faint dent on the door. I’m guessing it happened while they were replacing the trim and I didn’t notice until I left. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Window Trim Peeling IMG_7614

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
It’s unfortunately a very common issue. Call support and they will replace it.

I tried repairing mine with 3M automotive tape, but it came back up within a week
I tried repairing mine as it was embarrassing to drive a brand new vehicle around with that issue. Unfortunately, it started to come up within 24 hours and got progressively worse. By the time I got it in for service, the trim had come apart about half way down.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I tried repairing mine as it was embarrassing to drive a brand new vehicle around with that issue. Unfortunately, it started to come up within 24 hours and got progressively worse. By the time I got it in for service, the trim had come apart about half way down.
That was my experience as well. But, it was nice that Rivian came to my house to fix it.

a76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

Has anyone else had any trouble with the exterior trim around the windows peeling?

Our R1S is 7 months old with 10,000 miles on it. And the trim around the rear window is starting to peel off the car. We live in coastal California with temperate weather.

IMG_8437.jpeg
I just submitted this issue for my R1T earlier this week. I wasn't going to do a service request just for this so I waited until I had something more pressing to request at the same time.

Sponsored

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Yes - I had this issue on several pieces on my R1S. The first was above the windshield and the SC replaced it. Then two of the pieces below the side windows lifted - but I was at Seattle Clear Bra getting PPF reapplied from the first issue and they used some industrial adhesive to fasten them back down. Only a couple of weeks back but holding so far.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
I just submitted this issue for my R1T earlier this week. I wasn't going to do a service request just for this so I waited until I had something more pressing to request at the same time.
Just submitted ticket for this yesterday. Passenger side 2nd door. I love the truck, but little things like this shouldn’t happen. Trying to schedule mobile service. 3+ hour round trip for this would be ridiculous.

go4gusto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
My windshield trim (driver side window) started peeling and flapping during my drive yesterday. :(. I pushed it back in and carried a tape until it is repaired.

torgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Xterra Pro4X; R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Just noticed this on my R1T today (05/23 factory date, 2200 miles), rear passenger side window. Submitted a ticket and mobile service is supposed to look at it in a few weeks when they come to deliver my spare wheel

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Window Trim Peeling PXL_20230802_231529648

Last edited:

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Can I win the trophy for the worst case of window trim peeling up????

Don’t even get me started on the damage that resulted from the shitty glue the vendor used on this part. Driver door trim is scuffed bad In multiple places and rear driver door trim is scratched from being whacked by the moulding. Rivian is aware and will replace all the damaged parts.

right now I push down the trim with One hand when I have to open the door when I’m outside.I can’t do anything about it when I’m inside the cabin and need to open or close the door. I can hear it get pulled and snap back each time I open the door and then it scuffs it and scratches it. It’s lovely I tell ya.

As a customer I don’t care. As a shareholder,

I’m pissed at how much it’s gonna cost across all the vehicles because of shitty glue.

I hope the vendor who supplied this part eats all the cost associated with the repairs.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Window Trim Peeling IMG_2754
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Window Trim Peeling IMG_2755
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Window Trim Peeling IMG_2756
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Window Trim Peeling IMG_2758
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Window Trim Peeling IMG_2757
Sponsored

Last edited: