R1Shop to delivery (Seattle area)

OP
OP

Rav-d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Most of the folks who got r1shop access placed their order 12-18 months earlier. I had my delivery window of Jan-Feb 24. But then got shop access in sep23. You should get shop access 4-5 months prior to your expected delivery window.
And r1shop means you can select vehicle readily available. You may not see exact match to what you configured and if you are ready for some differences you can select the available vehicle right away than waiting for your exact configuration.
Sponsored

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 12 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Ast HR Director
And r1shop means you can select vehicle readily available. You may not see exact match to what you configured and if you are ready for some differences you can select the available vehicle right away than waiting for your exact configuration.
and in some cases, get a launch edition which comes with some upgrades for free.

pdfontes

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi eTron. Incoming R1S
Thanks. But I did speak to them this morning and they said 1-4mo delivery. Are you saying that is not "real"?
Got it. Just spoke to them, they paused invitations to the R1Shop for a couple weeks until they go through the matching process for the orders that came in

RIV206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 R1S, '23 Model Y
Clubs

was 4 weeks for me. No status updates/emails until it showed up in Seattle and they were ready to schedule delivery

Sponsored

Johnandkim2

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Supervisor
If you had a pre-order and signed the binding agreement prior to 8/16/2022 but opt to purchase thru the shop once access is given, do you lose the full Federal tax incentive of $7500.00?

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ast HR Director
No, because you have a contract to buy a vehicle... Not a specific vehicle.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ast HR Director
If you cancel your Pre-Order, that pricing, and everything related to it, is gone.

Than you have the new order, at the new pricing.

Unless you can talk your guide into opening the shop for you, for you to apply your pre-order pricing, you loose.

djsider2

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

If you cancel your Pre-Order, that pricing, and everything related to it, is gone.

Than you have the new order, at the new pricing.

Unless you can talk your guide into opening the shop for you, for you to apply your pre-order pricing, you loose.
I don't have the lower pricing. I just had the binding agreement signed in August 2022.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ast HR Director
For the binding agreement, you need it to coincide with the vehicle delivered, as Rivian DOES file a form to reflect said purchase with the IRS. So if you cancel one, you loose the associated things that go with it.
Sponsored