Sponsored

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Lesson learned by RJ and RIVIAN but also (hopefully) lesson learned by many of us as well. There was some pretty harsh rhetoric used against RJ and RIVIAN over the last couple of days here….lots of short fuses, threats, many of us turning on each other too, insults, etc. I was very disappointed and a bit angry too at how they handled the price increase, but as we all see and do ourselves in life, a mistake was made, and RJ owned up to it and has made it right. We should all acknowledge our own times in life when we said or did something wrong or made a mistake. In the end, we should all be happy that this mistake was made right, including for all of those that cancelled their reservations. Lesson learned for the future is to take a few deep breaths, be patient and trust that sometimes the person (or company) that wronged you isn’t evil or didn’t premeditate hurting us and to give them a bit of time to make it right. Waiting a few days wouldn’t have hurt any of us. Our reservations weren’t going anywhere and nothing was getting delivered at a higher price yet anyway. The way all this played out is actually a good reflection of so much about how we treat each other in today’s society. I think we can all do better….RJ, RIVIAN, us
Now-a-days, being impulsive is the norm. The whole reacting/overreacting is common place and that never does anything good. Look at how many YT posts went up yesterday (even as late as 3 am in the morning) regarding this scenario. Not one of them ever suggested to take a seat back and let the dust settle to see if Rivian corrects this mistake. And I'm not saying people weren't within their rights to get mad at the situation, but all those knee-jerk cancellations was done in haste.

I agree with you, I too think we all can do better. Us, RJ, Rivian.
Sponsored

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
VERY glad that this wasn't one of those scenarios where if you cancelled, you lost your placeholder position.

btw, *ahem* @Friscorays
Yes. Anyone who called this move by RJ knows him or understands this kind of consumer sentiment a lot better than me. I think it would have been an even worse blunder to then leave the cancels out in the cold, but hell, it would have been rewarding to see the Karens left outside.
I hope all the Rivian employees that suffered through this get a "sorry about that" bonus in their paycheck. $RIVN now down to $50 …

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
RIVN now down to $50 …
We're going to see this backlash for a few. March 10th may sway this a little bit, but while Rivian suffers from 1st production blues, supply constraints, and this Russian/Ukranian war, RIVN stock (as well as many tech-based stocks) will continue to take it across the face.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
We're going to see this backlash for a few. March 10th may sway this a little bit, but while Rivian suffers from 1st production blues, supply constraints, and this Russian/Ukranian war, RIVN stock (as well as many tech-based stocks) will continue to take it across the face.
$50 looks like a bargain
of course, I said that at $100, $80 and $60 …

Sponsored

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
RIVN: $46 B
TSLA: $979 B
F: $70B
GM: $65 B

Hmm

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
RIVN: $46 B
TSLA: $979 B
F: $70B
GM: $65 B

Hmm
market sentiment:
RIVN: $46 B : overvalued
TSLA: $979 B : deeply undervalued
F: $70B : undervalued
GM: $65 B : pending bankruptcy

Of course, this is a market that neglects BYD, CATL, XPENG, NETA … all much more successful in the EV revolution than the "big" auto brands.

KidThunder

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Entertainment
Clubs

There's a lot of BS posts like this … joined yesterday, two posts …
1646288039540.png
Take it easy buddy, it's not BS, I just don't have time to spam the forum with every waking thought. I reserved my R1T last year. Hopefully RJ's latest announcement means I'll only have to wait till Dec. Fingers crossed but not cancelling the Y just yet :)

Rivian R1T R1S R1T & R1S Updated Pricing, Configuration, Specs. Dual Motor Now Available rivian.PNG

Sponsored

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

i dont wish ill on anyone but his current position is way above his skill set. This is not the first huge blunder under his purview.
I thought the same....when looking at his credentials I was personally underwhelmed When doing a fast paced started up you need the best of the best to hit on all cylinders. I guess the results speak for themselves.

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Well this is good for the whiners ;) but I was hoping to bump up in line (July-september)...and the stock dropped.

Overall this will be a blip and in 2 weeks public sentiment will have forgotten about this. I think this would be a case of RJ the visionary meets a billion dollar board who doesn't care about anything. I am glad they remedied it quickly though. I bought enough stock that if it went where I wanted, I'd get a mostly free Rivian. It hasn't. I just want the vehicle

I do hope that I can get tow hooks without getting the off road package still. I want the hooks aesthetically and functionally but will never ever need the protection or the range hit.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
...I do hope that I can get tow hooks without getting the off road package still. I want the hooks aesthetically and functionally but will never ever need the protection or the range hit.
They are listed as a standard feature on the adventure package now so I don't see them going to the trouble of not putting them on adventure builds just to spite pre-order folks but if they are tempted to do so I'll gladly pay the $300 I believe I saw quoted for them somewhere post price hike.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
Take it easy buddy, it's not BS, I just don't have time to spam the forum with every waking thought. I reserved my R1T last year. Hopefully RJ's latest announcement means I'll only have to wait till Dec. Fingers crossed but not cancelling the Y just yet :)

rivian.PNG
Yes, I think I was wrong about your post. Sorry about that. It was tedious reading numerous similar "joined today" posts.
Sponsored