Sponsored

I just got an r1s recently but i am very bummed to find out that there is a refresh with lots of improvements coming

rchartson

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Lucid Air GT
Occupation
Retired MD
Cars are ALWAYS improving, why would this be any different? I just don’t get these posts.
IKR???....FOMO isnt worth worrying about....upgrades are constant....I'm satisfied I've gotten a great vehicle....besides if you're worried about the next great thing you'll never buy anything.....
Sponsored

Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

This reminds me of how I had to stop watching House Hunters after buying a home in Northern Virginia. Watching people complain about the $300k houses in nowhere, Alabama didn’t have 50,000 sq ft and an Olympic sized pool almost made me lose my mind. Buy and step away…

ThisIsMyHandle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LS FE 22 Dark, Kia EV6 AWD GT-Line
How is this different than buying a 2023 (insert ICE maker here) and finding out that in 2025 it has a new engine, bigger screen, etc?

moeman2323

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
people, chill out about the refresh and do a bit of research. Majority of changes are internal and designed to improve production.

like Tesla, majority of features will be applied via software to current models.

Per RJ: “80% of the new features will be backwards compatible with current models. The remaining 20% require new hardware”.

Per Wassym: New hardware is updated suite of sensors and cameras and non-backwards compatible features are updated Driver+ system and Summon function.

Other hardware changes:
-removal of tow hooks
-redesigned (slightly smaller) headlight and fog light units
-redesigned side mirrors
- minimal front grille changes
-smoked light bar option
-piano black lower bumper
-new wheel options
-updated wireless phone charger
-addition of slate and evergreen color options
-removal of forest green interior
Just got my R1T a month ago. Used my tow hooks last week to pull out some stubborn tree stomps. Glad I got it before the refresh!

smunro622

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Tri-motors 1000hp… I’ll take it !
Hyper exotic car insurance at 1000 hp… my insurance agent called today and said no one under 25 is driving the vehicle correct? Sure why otherwise if your 17 y/o crashes we may not cover it and you need to pay a tad bit more laughing… needless to say I said sure and added more coverage to the umbrella policy. Trimotor 800 hp would be sweet a little bit better range…

Sponsored

dmurphy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, X and 3 - Rivian R1S on order
Just leased an in-stock R1S a few days ago ... still waiting for delivery details. The lease deals were too good to pass up.

I was on the fence about the refresh but decided to take the plunge anyway. Thing is -- I'm coming from a Tesla Model S ("Refresh") -- so it's still a current model. I'm a tech person and like latest-n-greatest features, and I'll definitely be missing a few on the R1S compared to Model S ... but the price and the rest of the package are so compelling, I couldn't help myself.

But, frankly, I see the R1 refresh as a cost-cutting and streamlining move for Rivian instead of a huge customer-facing improvement. If I'm wrong, so be it -- it's "only" a lease, so it's not like I'm stuck with this R1S for the next decade, unless I want to be!

But between the can-go-anytime federal credit, the state incentives ($0 sales tax -- which is going away soon) -- and the highly subsidized lease rates from Rivian... there felt like no better time to jump in!

So in typical Internet fashion, we'll speculate all day and night on this refresh, but what's left of the current platforms are still really, really compelling vehicles. Didn't see a reason to wait.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I think the refresh details are being held back due to the inventory of existing new 2023 and 2024 builds.

Once the announcement is made Rivian will have no choice but to discount existing inventory to move product.

reindeer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T - R2 Res
Clubs

I think the refresh details are being held back due to the inventory of existing new 2023 and 2024 builds.

Once the announcement is made Rivian will have no choice but to discount existing inventory to move product.
It's already happening. End of April the 2023 inventory price cuts happened (its accurate if you check existing inventory builds) -- Some areas are offering employee discounts on top of them if you take delivery of a Max Battery Pack, and take delivery by the end of May.

RJM77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Architect

There are 11 R1S available in the shop. They better start adding more to the shop or their 2nd quarter deliveries will be embarrassingly low.
Sponsored