Sponsored

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
Here’s the thing. Almost everyone here knew Rivian had to raise prices eventually. The issues are:

1. The size of the price increase is huge.
2. They’ve known about this for weeks or months. Meanwhile they deliver to employees in front of preorder holders and screw us.
3. People made decisions on cars waiting for this and Rivian bait and switched.

One of the things I liked about Rivian was RJ v Elon. Nevermind. Elon is at least straightforward and honest about who he is. RJ just did a 4 year con on us.
RJ might be doing a 4 year con (maybe not based on his reversal here), but he's an amateur compared to Elon. Musk is doing a 40 year con.
Sponsored

Sacagawea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, Harley
I know RJ, we talk every day he’s my best friend. Haven’t you seen my mural? /s

You may not value loyalty but people do here, and apparently RJ does so I’m not going to let you bring me or anyone else down because you think it’s immature or stupid to stand by your word.

First, "Canthoney" I agree with most of what you have been saying on this thread. Second, there is a reason this other guy has the name "simpsonhomer"!;)

dpc166

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
Frankly, I'm going to continue to invest in RIVN stock and when it gets back up there, I'll have enough buy a Rivian in 6 or 7 years when I'm ready for one.

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
Frankly, I'm going to continue to invest in RIVN stock and when it gets back up there, I'll have enough buy a Rivian in 6 or 7 years when I'm ready for one.
Rivian R1T R1S R1T & R1S Updated Pricing, Configuration, Specs. Dual Motor Now Available RIVIAN STOCK 3-4-2022

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
I also bought the pre IPO Rivian Stock. I hope they ramp things up ASAP to deliver vehicles ordered.

Sponsored

dpc166

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, I check in on the stock each day and I'll get 5 shares here and there to build the portfolio. Do that across a few years and hopefully I'll see enough profit to cash in on a new R1T.

KidThunder

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Entertainment
Clubs

I hope you're an experienced investor! I am certainly not, but I look at stock like Ford's at $16 and struggle to see how Rivian's valuation as a company is nearly 3 times as high. Even as much as I like Rivian, and will definitely be buying their truck over a Lightning. You can't deny that Ford has a huge machine and sells a lot of vehicles

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I hope you're an experienced investor! I am certainly not, but I look at stock like Ford's at $16 and struggle to see how Rivian's valuation as a company is nearly 3 times as high. Even as much as I like Rivian, and will definitely be buying their truck over a Lightning. You can't deny that Ford has a huge machine and sells a lot of vehicles
You can’t just look at the stock price, you need to look at number of stocks in the market. The price X the number of shares gives you market cap. Ford today is 64.45 billion, Rivian is 33.78 billion so Rivian is almost half the value of Ford.

dpc166

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, you gotta look at volume, shares outstanding, etc. Ford's got 4x the shares outstanding (4 billion to 900 million shares for Rivian). Ford also offers a pretty good dividend as well (most recent was $0.10 per share).

kdcold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2011 Toyota 4Runner, 2013 Infiniti JX35
Occupation
Banking IT Software Services
Yelp, I'm out. Gonna use my deposit and buy a new set of golf clubs.
@emj5150 Did you get back in once the original prices were honored? I sure would like to see a Rivian in Quitman town!

emj5150

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, Lexus hybrid
Occupation
Sales
@emj5150 Did you get back in once the original prices were honored? I sure would like to see a Rivian in Quitman town!
I sure did. Still no idea when I'll take delivery, but I'm still on the list. Can't wait to here the comments from the QTown villagers.
Sponsored