First Name
Shain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Finance
They definitely should have used a 10" considering how weak the bass is with a 6x9.
I have to say, in the R1T (Meridian system), with the right equalizer settings, the audio is clear, nuanced, and not really lacking bass. It’s an interesting choice for Rivian to have put a 6 x 9 woofer as the subwoofer when they could have certainly fit an eight or a 10 inch in that same area. However, when I was younger, I installed a system in a car where my largest components were four, three-way 6 x 9 speakers and that car thumped. Not like two 12” woofer setup for dB competition, but they were great for an accurate representation of the recording. I don’t think the bass is lacking in the R1T. Rather it seems there are just far more people who want loud bass rather than clarity, low distortion, and a high signal to noise ratio. System seems to be tuned well for representing the original recording as it was meant to be, and for clarity. Isn’t that the way it supposed to be? If you prefer a bunch of bass, that’s your preference, and have at it. But I wouldn’t say it’s lacking in the Meridian system. Play flight of the cosmic hippo and tell me if you think the system is still lacking bass.

here is the link to it on Spotify.

Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
I have to say, in the R1T (Meridian system), with the right equalizer settings, the audio is clear, nuanced, and not really lacking bass. It’s an interesting choice for Rivian to have put a 6 x 9 woofer as the subwoofer when they could have certainly fit an eight or a 10 inch in that same area. However, when I was younger, I installed a system in a car where my largest components were four, three-way 6 x 9 speakers and that car thumped. Not like two 12” woofer setup for dB competition, but they were great for an accurate representation of the recording. I don’t think the bass is lacking in the R1T. Rather it seems there are just far more people who want loud bass rather than clarity, low distortion, and a high signal to noise ratio. System seems to be tuned well for representing the original recording as it was meant to be, and for clarity. Isn’t that the way it supposed to be? If you prefer a bunch of bass, that’s your preference, and have at it. But I wouldn’t say it’s lacking in the Meridian system. Play flight of the cosmic, hippo and tell me if you think the system is still lacking base.
Midbass is perfectly fine in the stock Meridian system but if you're talking about the 25-50hz range it's completely non-existent. I don't want loud bass, I want all frequencies to be played properly.

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
Midbass is perfectly fine in the stock Meridian system but if you're talking about the 25-50hz range it's completely non-existent. I don't want loud bass, I want all frequencies to be played properly.
Exactly this. I’ve found that what really makes me satisfied with bass is not volume, it’s properly low reaching frequency.

It’s unfortunate that the Rivian EQ has something like 63 Hz as the lowest slider. Turning that up only makes it sound worse, and doesn’t address the problem.