Sponsored

RivianCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A car
I believe the R3 dimensions listed here are very accurate based on tire size and photos captured from the event. You can see the floor has grooves in it that are likely tiled 4x8 sheets of plywood. If you scale that to the wheelbase you'd have about 109" wheelbase and a fuzz over 161" for total length based on silhouettes taken by Rivian from further away which would negate some of that lens distortion. This corroborates the wheel evidence which is 30.18". Not sure how much lens distortion there is in this image, but the wheelbase should be 109-111 based on what I estimate. 109 seems most likely though. This would give us a GTI sized vehicle that is 8" shorter and about the same height. BUT more leg room and more cargo with the longer wheelbase, frunk and sub trunk. VERY exciting!

R3-side.jpg

R3-alignment.png

R3vsGTI.png
You know you have R3 enthusiasts when the measure the length and height off the frickin' FLOORBOARDS!!

But honestly guys nice job. Dunno how long it took y'all, but that would take me at least half an hour
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
The following is from an article on Green Car Reports:

”Jeff Hammoud, Rivian’s head designer, confirmed to Green Car Reports that the R3 family is 170.3 inches long and rides on a 110.2-inch wheelbase—so it’s about 15 inches shorter than the R2, with a wheelbase about five inches shorter. “

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...atchbacks-aim-for-masses-for-less-than-45-000

Longer than I hoped but definitely still a small hatch. I’ll take it.
Where did you find that information?

ElliotGeno

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 and Model Y interested in R3
Occupation
Application developer
Interesting... I've read another interview where Jeff Hammound compared it to the Audi Q3 in size.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a60160869/rivian-r3-eighties-design/

I am curious if Green Car reports obtained actual specs from Jeff Hammound or if they inferred it was about an older Audi Q3 from Road & Track. The reason I ask, is that saying something is about the size of something else doesn't really clarify actual dimensions. Is it the same wheelbase, same length, same height, same volume, same track size, same passenger space?

I think we'll have to wait until Rivian posts some real specs unless we can get Green Car Reports to clarify.
Sponsored