First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Sadly, who knows when the R3 and R3X will deliver.... they aren't even taking deposits on those, just the ho-hum R2. Missed cash infusion opportunity, at a minimum. Many would have plunked down $100 on a TBD R3/R3X....
Let me guess... glass half-empty kind of a fella? R3 is just a scaled down package of R2. Probably share close to 80% of components, at least. So it's matter of tooling and lining up suppliers for the remaining that are R3 specific. I don't think it will be too far behind after R2 production start. 2026 might look far away now, but remember how some of us waited since 2018 for our R1s. No one died from waiting. The years tick by pretty quick if you're not fixated. Unless you are still young, you might wish time would pass a little slower, so you can do more and enjoy more.

Being realistic is healthy. Casting a sour note on everything based on speculation... not so much.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

After some discussion recently about whether an ICE manufacturer would buy or partner with Rivian I was thinking that Subaru should be the one.

now Rivian has shown the Ascent (R1), Outback (R2), Impreza (R3) and Crosstrek (R3X) 🤪

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
After some discussion recently about whether an ICE manufacturer would buy or partner with Rivian I was thinking that Subaru should be the one.

now Rivian has shown the Ascent (R1), Outback (R2), Impreza (R3) and Crosstrek (R3X) 🤪
R3X prototype must be the one that can pop wheelies. With that short of WB, I can see it.

JeffTAC4

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY LR AWD
Occupation
Technical Support Engineer
I have a concern about the rear light. Did the feds remove the requirement for a rear facing red light to remain on a fixed, non-movable portion of the body? Or did I miss Rivian doing something clever when the hatch opens?
I'm guessing the Reverse lights, signals, and rear facing lights are here:

1.jpg

evguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1S LE; '18 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Law
Motortrend just called from the future. The Rivian R3 has been awarded the 2027 crossover/SUV/rally car of the year. In other news, sales of Hyundai's Ioniq 5 hit an all time low.

Sponsored

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
Looks like the R3 will be a lower price than the r2

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Looks like the R3 will be a lower price than the r2
I, for one, am not worried about their future and leadership. They know what they're doing. I'm more worried about what none of us can predict... what might happen in the rest of the world that could alter and blunt the smartest of planners.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

To play along with our game, R3 gives me Fiat 126 vibes. It’s also got that friendly face, frunk, and lack of front grill.

that said, what a great reveal. Reserved the R2 and am excited for the R3 and R3X!

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Let me guess... glass half-empty kind of a fella? R3 is just a scaled down package of R2. Probably share close to 80% of components, at least. So it's matter of tooling and lining up suppliers for the remaining that are R3 specific. I don't think it will be too far behind after R2 production start. 2026 might look far away now, but remember how some of us waited since 2018 for our R1s. No one died from waiting. The years tick by pretty quick if you're not fixated. Unless you are still young, you might wish time would pass a little slower, so you can do more and enjoy more.

Being realistic is healthy. Casting a sour note on everything based on speculation... not so much.
Let me guess, you’re a judgmental kind of guy… Please….

Rivian missed an opportunity to collect a lot of $100 bills if they included an option for R3 pre orders. It is as it appears to be.

Last edited:

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Let me guess, you’re a judgmental kind of guy… Please….

Rivian missed an opportunity to collect a lot of $100 bills if they included and option for R3 pre orders. It is as it appears to be.
So sell yours and be happier?? Aren't you judging Rivian? what does that make you?

Last edited:

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Sadly, who knows when the R3 and R3X will deliver.... they aren't even taking deposits on those, just the ho-hum R2. Missed cash infusion opportunity, at a minimum. Many would have plunked down $100 on a TBD R3/R3X....
I agree... For a company that is, for lack of a better term, cash strapped.. at a press event, with a lot of people, that likely have money... An opportunity to provide a income to at least support the event, and the company, was missed.

Even if it was just shirts, cups, whatever.. at the event, or on the website.. It was a miss.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I agree... For a company that is, for lack of a better term, cash strapped.. at a press event, with a lot of people, that likely have money... An opportunity to provide a income to at least support the event, and the company, was missed.

Even if it was just shirts, cups, whatever.. at the event, or on the website.. It was a miss.
Right, lost opportunity. 👍🏻

DRJ564

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
I know a lot of you like the R3 and thats great. The first thing I thought of was the Dodge Omni. A girl I went to high school with drove one. "Hot but loose" is the term I’m thinking for absolutely no particular reason…..No reason at all….
Sponsored