Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Thank you everyone for the great feedback and response. I think I have finally replied to everyone, you all are awesome!

The site is live and I do still have a few kits in stock ready to ship. Please check it out for more info.

https://realwheelsev.com/
@RealWheelsEV Just finished installing my new RealWheels second horn. Wow! I think I better hit the gym and start working out so, if I blast my new horn, I can backup what its sayin!!!

OP
OP

iforbes

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
APRN
Clubs

I’m 100% positive it saved me from getting backed into in a parking lot. I was pulled in forward so the horn was a far away for the other driver as could be. I really doubt they could’ve heard the old horn.

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R1S, Hummer EV
@RealWheelsEV Just finished installing my new RealWheels second horn. Wow! I think I better hit the gym and start working out so, if I blast my new horn, I can backup what its sayin!!!
Good thing hitting the gym a little more never hurt anyone 😉 That's awesome to hear you like it! So happy that everyone is loving their new found sound.

I’m 100% positive it saved me from getting backed into in a parking lot. I was pulled in forward so the horn was a far away for the other driver as could be. I really doubt they could’ve heard the old horn.
That's what I'm talking about! I had almost the same thing happen to me the other day, and one quick blast from the horn and the other driver stopped cold in their tracks. Glad to see they are coming in handy for other people as well.

On a separate note, here’s the latest batch of horns going out. If you haven’t received yours yet, you should be getting it shortly. Thank you again everyone for the orders and positive feedback, much appreciated!
Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Horn Upgrade Kit - Review & Sound Clips Videos IMG_3779

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Not really any adjustment to the horn. It's touching the fender-well and the orange high voltage cables. Hopefully it doesn't wear those cables by touching it.
The horn is touching the cable or the bracket? or both? This doesn't sound ideal. I'm looking at pictures mike813 posted and I see plenty of clearance in his case. So there must be a good deal of manufacturing variance with cable placement. Maybe the bracket mounting tabs (and holes) should allow some adjustment? @RealWheelsEV, care to comment?

Last edited:

Sponsored

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Received today and installed. 45 minute job. The eyeloop terminal wasn't large enough in diameter to fit the 12v post so I had to drill it out. The tone of the horn makes it feel LOUD.

Not really any adjustment to the horn. It's touching the fender-well and the orange high voltage cables. Hopefully it doesn't wear those cables by touching it.

Sometimes when I press the horn it makes a strange high pitched noise so I have to release the horn button and press it again. Hopefully it figures itself out over time and just works 100% the first time.
The horn is touching the cable or the bracket? or both? This doesn't sound ideal. I'm looking at pictures mike813 posted and I see plenty of clearance in his case. So there must be a good deal of manufacturing variance with cable placement. Maybe the bracket mounting tabs (and holes) should allow some adjustment? @RealWheelsEV, care to comment?
Christopher I did send you a DM regarding this, please let me know what you find out.

As far as the factory cable routing goes, yes, we have seen it once where the bracket placement that holds the wires up from the factory is in a lower position. The bracket can be mounted in different positions and it can change exactly how the wires are run. Rotating the bracket slightly upwards lifts the cables to allow for additional clearance.

docpowell

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S Adventure
Occupation
CSO
@RealWheelsEV. Installed my horn on Sunday and it sounded great. Last night however the horn began sounding like a sick duck. Any ideas it would fade and weaken? Fuse? Incorrect terminal attachment? Today, parked in the garage and not driven, the horn sounds great again. I followed the video install and connected to the same front driver post in the batter post box. Before I pull it apart again, I wanted to ask.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
@RealWheelsEV. Installed my horn on Sunday and it sounded great. Last night however the horn began sounding like a sick duck. Any ideas it would fade and weaken? Fuse? Incorrect terminal attachment? I followed the video install and connected to the same front driver post in the batter post box. Before I pull it apart again, I wanted to ask.
Was it very cold? That can happen with air horns. Same reason I've not ordered, but keenly interested in the bracket. Or, if @RealWheelsEV offers a non-airhorn version that also doesn't require relay and powering from the 12V battery...

Sponsored

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@RealWheelsEV. Installed my horn on Sunday and it sounded great. Last night however the horn began sounding like a sick duck. Any ideas it would fade and weaken? Fuse? Incorrect terminal attachment? Today, parked in the garage and not driven, the horn sounds great again. I followed the video install and connected to the same front driver post in the batter post box. Before I pull it apart again, I wanted to ask.
Hey Doc...Thanks for the info. I don't believe this has to do with the compressor or is weather/temperature related. First thing would be to check your connections and fuse. You can pull just the upper trim panel closest to the windshield to gain access. If everything checks out with that then there are 10 Phillips head screws on the face of the horn itself. These are adjustable and will change the tone of the horn. Tighter should give a solid continuous tone, while a little looser will give more of a rolling sound. Do not loosen them too much, a quarter turn at most will make a big difference. Feel free to give us a call and I can have one of my techs walk you through it, or shoot me a DM with your number and I will have someone call you. If that doesn't work, I will send you out a replacement. Thanks!

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5, 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier
Occupation
Systems Exec
Hopefully it’ll be ready very shortly. I know we were planning on having it up by now, but it shouldn’t be too much longer. Thanks for checking in on it!
Any word on the passenger side version?

Kgautam28

First Name
Gautam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Quad, Mustang mache GT, Range Rover Velar
Occupation
Software
Anyone in the greater Seattle area who has installed this can help me install this horn on my car?

a76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

@RealWheelsEV what's the chances of getting some assistance with install if I live up the street from you all in Gurnee? :)

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any word on the passenger side version?
Just sent you a DM. I have kits available, but need to finalize instructions for the passenger side wire harness routing. Everything coming through the shop for the last month has been drivers side or dual horns.

If anyone in the Chicagoland area has a single passenger side horn and would allow us to install and take a few photos, please let me know. Thanks!
Sponsored