Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
APRN
Clubs

Aright kids,

I am happy to say that I was able to get my hands on an early version of the RealWheels EV horn upgrade kit, and all I can say is WOW! Their original thread is here.

Full disclosure - I am not an employee and, in fact, have never even ordered from this company. I was provided a free product in return to feedback to the company. They did NOT require, or even ask, me to post to the forum in exchange for the product. That is about as straightforward as I can be.

Ok, I will say that the kit is solid. It is a horn on an ingenious mounting bracket. There is a complete wiring harness preinstalled. This includes wiring to the battery, ground, and a Y-harness to plug into the old horn wiring harness. No modifications to existing wiring needed other than unplugging/plugging and attaching the power/ground. Instructions were only paper for me, but my understanding is that there will be online instructions available.

Install - instructions say 2-people needed, but with the truck in sport mode and me being 6'2", I had no problems doing the job by myself. Total install was ~75 minutes, including taking some notes, photos, and cleanup. Trickiest parts were a-driver side frunk led connection (use a small screwdriver to release clip) b - making sure I had the wiring around that horn bracket was correct (assume this will be easier to see with online photos that you can zoom in on) c-recommend you get some spare plastic clips (are they called t-clips) that hold the trim pieces on as I broke several with normal removal.

Final result is AMAZING. I will attach video, but it honestly doesn't do any justice. Someone will say it's too loud once they get it installed. No one is going to mistake my truck for a clown car or giggle when I hit the horn.

Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Horn Upgrade Kit - Review & Sound Clips Videos 324039F2-8CE2-4837-B915-8B60E15474C7

Edit: Videos below

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Aright kids,

I am happy to say that I was able to get my hands on an early version of the RealWheels EV horn upgrade kit, and all I can say is WOW! Their original thread is here.

Full disclosure - I am not an employee and, in fact, have never even ordered from this company. I was provided a free product in return to feedback to the company. They did NOT require, or even ask, me to post to the forum. That is about as straightforward as I can be.

Ok, I will say that the kit is solid. It is a horn on an ingenious mounting bracket. There is a complete wiring harness preinstalled. This includes wiring to the battery, ground, and a Y-harness to plug into the old horn wiring harness. No modifications to existing wiring needed other than unplugging/plugging and attaching the power/ground. Instructions were only paper for me, but my understanding is that there will be online instructions available.

Install - instructions say 2-people needed, but with the truck in sport mode and me being 6'2", I had no problems doing the job by myself. Total install was ~75 minutes, including taking some notes, photos, and cleanup. Trickiest parts were a-driver side frunk led connection (use a small screwdriver to release clip) b - making sure I had the wiring around that horn bracket was correct (assume this will be easier to see with online photos that you can zoom in on) c-recommend you get some spare plastic clips (are they called t-clips) that hold the trim pieces on as I broke several with normal removal.

Final result is AMAZING. I will attach video, but it honestly doesn't do any justice. Someone will say it's too loud once they get it installed. No one is going to mistake my truck for a clown car or giggle when I hit the horn.

Edit: Videos below
Thanks for posting this. I've been searching for a simple horn upgrade and this appears to be it. Do you know when it will be available to purchase? I don't see it on their website.

OP
OP

iforbes

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
APRN
Clubs

For both questions above, I would reach out directly via DM. I will let RealWheelsEV know I posted this so hopefully they can reply directly.

Sponsored

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R1S, Hummer EV
Thanks for posting this. I've been searching for a simple horn upgrade and this appears to be it. Do you know when it will be available to purchase? I don't see it on their website.
Hi…I sent you a DM, let me know if you need anything else. Thank you!

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
Here is what the kit looks like. It makes it as close to a plug and play set-up as possible. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!
324039F2-8CE2-4837-B915-8B60E15474C7.jpeg
That looks like it uses a Deutsch Y connector from the original horn to activate the horn, but draws current directly from the battery with a separate, fused wire. Is that assumption correct?

Sponsored

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Would like to know details as well. Thanks!
When will it be available?
Anxious. I hate the stock horn.

Please let us know when it can be purchased.
Thank you for the interest everyone. I do have kits ready to ship ASAP and they will be live on our site in the next 48 hours or so. If anyone would like to order ahead of time just shoot me a DM and I'll get you set-up right away. Thanks!

Ironcitijc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Performance DM R1T Max Pack, BMW X3
Occupation
EV Enthusiast
Clubs

Thank you for the interest everyone. I do have kits ready to ship ASAP and they will be live on our site in the next 48 hours or so. If anyone would like to order ahead of time just shoot me a DM and I'll get you set-up right away. Thanks!
Sent you a DM

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Nice! my wife makes fun of me whenever I honk my horn. @RealWheelsEV have you installed these in a R1S yet? I assume all the same since the trucks are the same in the front. Please count me in. I'll post photos upon receipt and install.

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nice! my wife makes fun of me whenever I honk my horn. @RealWheelsEV have you installed these in a R1S yet? I assume all the same since the trucks are the same in the front. Please count me in. I'll post photos upon receipt and install.
I totally get that, before we installed the horn it was embarrassing honking leaving friends and family houses waving goodbye. Now I can't wait to give them a little blast as I pull out.