First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Surprised that its totalled out? Nope! I have to admit that its staggering the lack of support from the manufacture to supply parts to its existing customers.

Or is that their plan.. Sell more cars thru lack of replacement parts...

I love my Rivian (even though my wife HATES it)... But when I look at the manufacture as a whole, it doesnt inspire me with warm and fuzzies.
Sponsored

Reactions: Rad
OP
OP

slpymnky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (to be delivered)
Yeah I am glad I am leasing this time around - between Rivian working out kinks, battery innovation and increased EV competition, I am guessing resale is going to be shit.

Reactions: Rad

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Surprised that its totalled out? Nope! I have to admit that its staggering the lack of support from the manufacture to supply parts to its existing customers.

I love my Rivian (even though my wife HATES it)... But when I look at the manufacture as a whole, it doesn't inspire me with warm and fuzzies.
The new normal seems to be "take it or leave it" regarding parts availability. Purchase a Rivian, Fisker and to a lesser extent a Tesla and deal with their IP fantasies where parts are protected objects only available to the factory, their SC's or a select handful of body shops (and even they are tragically under supported).

SolartoEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T VIN 269*, 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, 1999 Ford F-250
The new normal seems to be "take it or leave it" regarding parts availability. Purchase a Rivian, Fisker and to a lesser extent a Tesla and deal with their IP fantasies where parts are protected objects only available to the factory, their SC's or a select handful of body shops (and even they are tragically under supported).
Somebody backed into my 2022 Chevy 2500. Luckily they only ripped off my mirror with no body damage. My local Chevy dealer has no idea when the new mirror will be in with direct contact with Chevrolet saying it should be in 2024. ITS ALL COMPANIES.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Somebody backed into my 2022 Chevy 2500. Luckily they only ripped off my mirror with no body damage. My local Chevy dealer has no idea when the new mirror will be in with direct contact with Chevrolet saying it should be in 2024. ITS ALL COMPANIES.
I'm sure there are spot shortages of some parts across all brands, but the point I was making with Rivian and Fisker is they simply don't make most parts available for consumers even when it has nothing to do with the HV/battery system.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I love my Rivian (even though my wife HATES it)... But when I look at the manufacture as a whole, it doesnt inspire me with warm and fuzzies.
It's ok someone will buy it and turn it into a 6X6 monster truck.

SolartoEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T VIN 269*, 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, 1999 Ford F-250
I'm sure there are spot shortages of some parts across all brands, but the point I was making with Rivian and Fisker is they simply don't make most parts available for consumers even when it has nothing to do with the HV/battery system.
Agreed the parts to consumer is more extreme with those companies. We can only hope it gets better

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ast HR Director
All the dash emojis is what I would be scared of...

Rivian R1T R1S Rear ended by a bus on my way to work 1709223258640

Kenmecca

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Directlineanswers.com
Vehicles
R1S; Audi A5
Occupation
Business Owner

Sponsored

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Most of them on CoPart have the wrong miles. Taking the range miles, instead of going into the center, and pulling the actual miles.

Edit: Range or Trip and reporting it as odometer. I reported it to my contact at CoPart.. Will see if they fix it.

Last edited:

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

Found the car on copart. I’ll be curious to see what it goes for. Whoever took the mileage down must’ve looked at the remaining range 😂

https://www.copart.com/lot/39042244/2023-rivian-r1s-adventure-ca-vallejo
It's so depressing looking at all those smashed up R1s. Someone probably loved those cars. It also stinks that the R1s are so difficult to repair. Even relatively small accidents are causing massive repair bills. I know that's not a problem exclusive to Rivian but insurance rates are skyrocketing because it's getting so expensive to repair cars these days. It seems like Rivian didn't put much thought if any into making the R1 easy to repair. Compounding the problem is a service network that's totally overwhelmed and impossible to source spare parts. After seeing how hard it has been for people to get their Rivians fixed, I made sure my insurance had maximum coverage for rentals and replacement value.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ast HR Director
It's so depressing looking at all those smashed up R1s. Someone probably loved those cars. It also stinks that the R1s are so difficult to repair. Even relatively small accidents are causing massive repair bills. I know that's not a problem exclusive to Rivian but insurance rates are skyrocketing because it's getting so expensive to repair cars these days. It seems like Rivian didn't put much thought if any into making the R1 easy to repair. Compounding the problem is a service network that's totally overwhelmed and impossible to source spare parts. After seeing how hard it has been for people to get their Rivians fixed, I made sure my insurance had maximum coverage for rentals and replacement value.
I am keeping my old car as a spare just for this... Its crazy. There are some, that if the damage had been on most any other car, would have been repaired in about a month. But they total them here.

Edit: Like this one..
https://www.copart.com/lot/40215984/2022-rivian-r1t-adventure-ok-tulsa
In a normal repair world, this is a easy repair. maybe 2-4 weeks. Most of that is just waiting on parts.
Here... Totaled.

LOOK AT THE ODOMETER!! -0- miles!

Edit 2: LBCM/BCM must be having an error.. Last reported miles is 5056. Still it should have been an easy fix.

Last edited:

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

I am keeping my old car as a spare just for this... Its crazy. There are some, that if the damage had been on most any other car, would have been repaired in about a month. But they total them here.

Edit: Like this one..
https://www.copart.com/lot/40215984/2022-rivian-r1t-adventure-ok-tulsa
In a normal repair world, this is a easy repair. maybe 2-4 weeks. Most of that is just waiting on parts.
Here... Totaled.

LOOK AT THE ODOMETER!! -0- miles!

Edit 2: LBCM/BCM must be having an error.. Last reported miles is 5056. Still it should have been an easy fix.
It can't believe that one is totaled. How about this one though? I don't think it's going to buff out. It reminds me of the video of the Rivian taking out the concrete barrier. I don't know about you but I feel a hell of a lot safer in my R1T after seeing that accident. It might get totaled in a minor fender bender but it seems incredibly well equipped to protect the occupants in a major accident.

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ast HR Director
It can't believe that one is totaled. How about this one though? I don't think it's going to buff out. It reminds me of the video of the Rivian taking out the concrete barrier. I don't know about you but I feel a hell of a lot safer in my R1T after seeing that accident. It might get totaled in a minor fender bender but it seems incredibly well equipped to protect the occupants in a major accident.
Thats not one of the lowest VIN's I have seen, I saw one 2 weeks ago with a vin of xx00AD

Anyways...

That one was originally sold on 4-5-2022, with a reported miles of 100.

Last reported miles is 22012 miles. Serviced last November with 18393 miles when it got its tires replaced.

So it was driven like a automobile should be. My gut tells me that the driver hit one of those exit ramp protection barriers head on.

Safe for sure. Still not something I want to tempt fate with!
Sponsored