First Name
Missy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Manufacturer/Gramma/Dreamer
Debating if I want to ruin my premium and have it on the record for future claims or when shopping around for lower rates.
I had to replace the tailight cover area i broke... Did not file the claim, as quote on repair was $2300. plus... Actual repair cost, including all the cameras re-calibrated, was $1600.+, and I saved my "accident forgiveness" for a bigger issue. Repairs are pricey on these vehicles. Its a fact. But it won't always be... we're the Pioneers, sent ahead to pave the trail... At my age, it's paving is long overdue. Watch the documentary Whatever happened to the Electric car?" You'll see the NUMBER 1 reason this is so pricey, greed in the fossil fuels industry wants these to fail... again... It's a scary and sad review on power... wish everyone had seen it... Good luck to you going forward, it's not easy being a Pioneer, but it comes with great satisfaction as others follow behind you.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Always check with your agent/broker, but that should not be a rate-impacting claim.

Sponsored

OtterTruck

First Name
Missy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Safelight was $1083 for window repair but Rivian recommends a Rivian authorized dealer / repair center
The seals are 1 time use
Paint damage (belt buckle/zipper as he dove in)
Trim pieces

IMG_1566.jpeg

IMG_1567.jpeg

IMG_1568.jpeg

IMG_1569.jpeg
They recommend Rivian authorized dealers, as they are trained far more in the areas of all the fancy gadgets and cameras we love to have on our Rivians... They can't guarantee other peoples work, if they were not trained on the new technology. Makes sense. It is what it is for now. It will get better. And less costly, like everything else in tie. Supply & demand drive a lot of these costs up, plus training and manufacturing time... dealing with the weather alone, for parts and deliveries drive up prices... Gramma is simply going to be more careful in reverse... not my first time backing into something, just the most costly! Happy adventures Rivian family!

Dgephri

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Occupation
Finance-Real Estate
Clubs

15 hours of body labor? Maybe that line item is removing the internal panels to do the window.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Man this sucks but look they know this guy that well judge should throw the book at him.

Good idea to park in highly travelled area. These guys don't like to operate in busy areas.

OtterTruck

First Name
Missy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
I hope the cops catch the SOB, this is sickening 🤬😡😥
Oh my goodness... I do hope some lame person breaking into your truck is the worst, most horrifying thing you all ever experience... LOL!!! Yes, you are taking this way too far... : )

Please, let's go back and remember why we have this forum. It's not to be profane and lament crime in the world... And after serving this country, Police, Fire & Military x 6, my family knows there are far more sickening things than a broken window... let's keep it real, members of my dear Rivan family. 'K? There's enough foul language and angry people on the street any given day... let's keep it on the level, and not get carried away with unfocused anger... please. And thank you. Gramma OtterTruck

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I'm trying to figure out who the real thief is here.

The one who broke into your car or Rivian with how expensive it is to fix.

It's as if Rivian doesn't really understand who their customer base is.

The R1S is extremely popular among families for obvious reasons. I imagine most families are like the one I grew up in and that meant things happened. Windows got smashed due to errant baseballs, and oops moments.

Things happen and it shouldn't cost nearly 5% of the vehicle price to fix a window.

Last edited:

Sponsored

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Denver, CO near Rivian and Tesla service centers
Vehicles
Tesla
Rivian is insane with their costs and time estimates... look at the worksheet: 30 min to remove and reinstall the rear floor mat? At $125/hr.. that 2 min job cost you $62.50! Clean up broken glass.. 1 full hour. Looks like most of their labor times are just as bloated too.

Just out of principle I wouldn't have Rivian repair it, bring it to Safelite.

Reinforces my decision that I will not be owing this vehicle out of warranty.
17, 57, 58 – lots of cleaning….starting with cleaning out your bank account, sheesh. Talk about add-on fees. I should open a body shop!

These misc charges add up quickly:
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian BREAK IN caught on gear guard camera video 1705617173655

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
15 hours of body labor? Maybe that line item is removing the internal panels to do the window.
Well when they quote half an hour to remove and reinstall the rear floor mats (about a 2 min job for you and me), you can see why the labor estimate is so crazy high.
Sponsored

Last edited: